Adovada Tacos my way.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm a couple days late seeing this post. I was ready to eat straight out of the pot. Then you gotta go and make them tacos and i was drooling,
Jim

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Looks great, I will take two!! I think you may have commented on my post of this being very similar process to what I used on the Chili Colorado with pork. Love the flavors!! Right on on taking care not to boil. Can certainly get a little bitterness from the peppers if you do.
Thank you Jeff. Play with the Chile variety for different flavors. Gaujillo, ancho/pasilla with a couple arbol for heat is my standard Chile mix, but there are so many varieties and combinations possible.
Thank you. Yes it does take will power to stay out of while pulling it all together.
They look delicious! I have a feeling I would have 1/2 that meat gone while building the tacos!

Ryan
Don't want to get sidetrack here , But my Son likes to make any kind of sauce .
Showed him the thread you did using the pepper pods . That's what he used for the tacos . Man it's good .
Thanks Chop. The sauce is good and goes equally good with pork beef or chicken.
Looks Mighty Tasty, SE !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thank you Bear. I appreciate it.

I'll take 6 or so!
Thank you.
Now this is what I’m talking about! Would house a bunch of those tacos!
Thank you. There are never left over tacos. Eat until your sick, almost. Lol
Nice tacos, and thanks for the how to .
I could sit down to a couple of those. Great pictures

David
Thank you David. I appreciate it.
Great job! Those look really good!
Thank you yankee.
I'm a couple days late seeing this post. I was ready to eat straight out of the pot. Then you gotta go and make them tacos and i was drooling,
Jim
Thank you Jim. Out of the pot with beans and flour tortillas is great also.
Wow. That looks amazingly delicious!
Thank you Eddie.
Oh my that looks good! Recipe?
Thank you.
That sure looks Tasty, sauce looks stunning.
so if I read right, boiling those chilies would make it all Bitter?
Thank you. Yes red Chile weather in pod form or powder form can and will get a bit bitter if cooked at high heat. I boil water, remove from heat then let the pods steap until soft and rehydrated. The sauce is brought to a low simmer from medium low heat. It takes time to cook this way, but is the best way.

Reactions: Titch
I like carne adovada, but I also like birria tacos, but I also love smoked pork. So here is my process. I smoke some pork country style ribs on the Yoder with just SPG.
View attachment 514816
Then I make up my red Chile from pods. De-seed then steep in hot water (do not boil them)
View attachment 514817
After an hour or so, into the blender with garlic cloves, chicken bouillon, oregano, cumin, and some onion. Then into the pot to simmer with the meat. Only lightly simmer softly no boiling.
View attachment 514818
View attachment 514819
Next we will get to building the taco. Stay tuned.
WHAT TEMP DID YOU SMOKE THE PORK RIBS

That looks SOOOO good!! Extremely well done on what appears to be some fantastic food.

Robert
Thank you Robert. The flavors are deep and earthy, a Chile flavor few experience in restaurants. Pair this with a fresh pot of pintos and it’s near heaven.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky