Adding wood chips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's why we're here is to help each other out.... Let us know if we can help ya with anything else & post a pic of your smoke it ya can... We like to see the great Q view !

Will do - still in the first few hours so will poet when ready. Have you used the mes meat probe? Is it accurate?

Will do - still in the first few hours so will poet when ready. Have you used the mes meat probe? Is it accurate?

NO ! Mine is off by 30* . Get ya a good dual probe therm, if ya need a link, I'll help ya out !

Yes please!!!

Check out this one....

Maverick ET-732

Available at the link for the AMNPS, plus Todd the owner is running a special for 20% off & free shipping over $50 ! For starting out, I'd recommend this one !

So if ya get the AMNPS, dust & Mav .... 20% off & free shipping !

Last edited:
You can check your MES meat probe in boiling water for 212*. Mine happens to be within a couple of degrees of dead on, but I know a lot of them are off. But regardless, WaterinHoleBrew is right-you really need a Maverick! Scroll up to the top of the page-you will see "April Fools Sale", that is Amazenproducts where you can get the AMZNPS, dust, and your new Maverick. They have great prices and the service can't be beat! It will make smoking so much more enjoyable and successful. Happy smokin', David.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky