Adding a side stack question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

steves8860

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 17, 2021
Not sure where else to post this.

This is supposed to adjust by turning the top.

I cannot find any diagrams that show how both of these nuts are supposed to be on this.

Tried putting the lock washer and a nut directly underneath the cap. Does the other nut snug up against them to keep them from coming down?

Attachments

• 20211103_151631.jpg
    20211103_151631.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 11
  • stack.jpg
    stack.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Can you supply more pic of the stack? I don't see any signs of an adjuster flap, etc. Actually what do you mean by adjust? The height of top from stack maybe?

Last edited:
Can you supply more pic of the stack? I don't see any signs of an adjuster flap, etc. Actually what do you mean by adjust? The height of top from stack maybe?
Added above too

Attachments

• stack.jpg
    stack.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
The bolt goes in from the top of the stack down so the head of the bolt is on top the rain cover. Then a nut is threaded up to the under side of the rain cap holding the cap in place on the bolt. The next nut is threaded onto the bolt up maybe halve way. Then the assembly is threaded into a cross bar welded across the inside of the stack with a taped hole in the center. Thread the cap assembly down until there is about 1 inch between the top of the stack and the outside rim of the coned rain cap.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky