Adding a needle valve to my Smoke Hollow 38’’

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokey S

Original poster
Jun 25, 2018
Pennsylvania
I am wanting to add a needle valve to my new Smoke Hollow 38” but the hoses aren’t connected like I expected. I thought I could just unscrew the hose that connects to the regulator, but instead of being attached by a screw in male/female piece, it is completely attached to it and can’t be unscrewed. When I attempted to change the entire hose that connects the tank to the fuel dial on the actual smoker it won’t unscrew. I can see that it is indeed a screw in connection, but it’s almost like they used lock-tite or some kind of adhesive on it so it can’t be modified. Maybe it will unscrew, but I turned it very hard
and it wouldn’t budge. I stopped because I didn’t want to snap anything off. I was just wondering if anyone has had this issue and could shed some light as to what I should do.

Thanks,
Josh

You’d have to heat that hard sealer to get it to loosen. It’s like cement. Amazon has complete assemblies with the valve you may wish to consider. I’m alway a Little edgy about gas lines and breaking them open. B

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky