Added mailbox. Smoke is not thin nor blue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This has been very helpful.
I had been considering adding a vent but was unsure, and I needed some ideas on how to do it.

I have an idea that I can do immediately and be able to add to it as I get parts.

Thanks so much for everyone's input.

If your smoker lives outside without a roof put it on the side so water can’t get in easy, otherwise top would be fine if no wires there

Good idea. Got me thinking using the back since there's no hardware for holding the grates anchored to it.

Is that smoker insulated ? As in double wall or single . A sink collar makes a nice pass through piece on double wall smokers , or a nice trim piece on either one for the addition of a stack . Use a section of thin wall that fits the insides diameter .

I used the stack from an old char griller on my MES 30 . Works great .
You can use an exhaust collector / header reducer with a flat flare also . Cut your hole and connect the collector right to the top or side of the smoker .
Weld a stud on the side and used a blank cover from a 4 " electrical box to adjust , open or close .

You should have no issues using the tube with a mailbox on that smoker .
The smoke needs a place to exit as said , so take care of that first .
I like some distance between the mailbox and the smoker .
I have mine set up like this .
mes3.jpg
No problems with air flow .
20201028_150140.jpg

If your smoker lives outside without a roof put it on the side so water can’t get in easy, otherwise top would be fine if no wires there

Yes, I forgot about outdoor living for a smoker. So if it stays outdoor, an upper side vent hole may help prevent moisture from entering as compared to a roof vent hole. But then again what are umbrellas for? LOL

Here's a side mount stack that might work for ya.

Last edited:
Yes, I forgot about outdoor living for a smoker. So if it stays outdoor, an upper side vent hole may help prevent moisture from entering as compared to a roof vent hole. But then again what are umbrellas for? LOL

Here's a side mount stack that might work for ya.

I had just come across that and was going to ask here if something like that seemed worth trying. For sure will look more closely at it

Thanks

Mine is double walled and insulated.
I was wondering what might work to go through both layers. Will be looking into your idea.

Very much appreciate taking the time to give input.

This one's for a garbage disposal , but taken apart it would work . 1 1/2 inches deep . You could use some high heat silicone and just stick it to the surface .
I think the basic one is about 12 bucks . Short length of pipe the right size and a blank cover and you're all set .
20211030_162855.jpg
20211030_162935.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky