Add Coffee Beans to the wood chips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

canadianwild

Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
Alberta, Canada
I saw this on a food network show.

A guy was smoking pork chops with Apple Wood chips and then about a 1/4 cut of coffee beans.

I think it is a great idea and I am going to try it on Sunday.

Anyone ever try this before?

CanadianWild

never tried it but let us know how it comes out.

I've used coffee in my rubs before but never used the beans for smoke! Very interesting,I'll be waiting to hear how it worked out!!

I am a coffee roaster and I would not add beans to heat to smoke. They will burn and create an acrid smoke. I agree with adding coffee to a rub and have done it many times with great success.

After some thought, I decided to try out the smoke before I put in the pork chops.

So I used about 1/4 c of coffee beans in with maple wood chips.

Smoke smelled very nice, I think it will work well.

I wouldn't use just coffee beans but with the wood it should work out well.

The coffee beans did burn , but stayed whole.

Chops are in brine, tommorows the day.

Happy Easter.

Good luck, I think it souds like it'd be worth trying.
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Results are in.

Coffee beans in with the wood chips, not a bad idea, but not something I would do every day.

The flavour was a bit bitter, and there was a hint of coffee flavour.

I think they turned out good, and I will do it again. Maybe with pork loin. I wouldn't do it with something sweet, like bacon, or ham.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky