Acronym's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I hate to be the new guy making requests...but the acronyms here are insane. As a newbie trying to figure out what people are talking about, it is only complicated by threads that include acronyms in nearly every post. For quite some time I thought "OTBS" stood for "off topic bull sh*t," and SMF had something to do with sms text messages. GOSM? RTV? WSM? ECB?

I haven't seen this many abbreviations anyplace but a public school. ISS OSS PAWS R/E TTD. ARG!
IAWY
I Agree With You,

JOHN
John

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Here's one from 91

1648391493948.png

Reactions: bigfurmn
Abbreviations are different in different businesses.
When I worked for Bear Jr, making adjustments at Cell sites, "DT" was commonly used.
DT was "Downtilt", which was the number of Degrees the antennas had to be tilted so they would hit the busiest area or stretch of main highway.

When I had my Cabinet Shop, I used to order my Oak, as "LANROS2S7/8".
This meant "Light and Natural Red Oak, Surface 2 Sides @ 7/8" thickness".

Bear

Reactions: bigfurmn
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky