Ace Hardware

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Ordered a small painters scaffold online and had it shipped free to the store . Got the notice that it was ready for pickup and noticed that I had picked the wrong location . No big deal , just a bit farther drive . Got to the store , walked in and the whole southwest corner was FULL of smoking and grilling stuff .
Weber and Traeger grills . Whole wall of Weber accessories . B&B and Lumberjack charcoal . Briquettes and lump . From comp to everyday use .
Bags upon bags of charcoal and Traeger pellets . Shelves full of sauces and rubs . Grill cleaning spray and scrapers . At this point I'm not even thinking about why I was there .
He also had a wall full of wood chunks and chips . My favorite brand from Chigger Creek . Comes out of Macon Missouri . So I walked over to grab some chunks and there it was ,
20210916_095237.jpg
Didn't need any pellets , but nice to know he carries them .
I did grab a couple bags of wood chunks . Should have snagged a bag of chips . The chips are small and work great mixed with pellets in a tube .
20210916_105023.jpg 20210916_105026.jpg
This guy had some stock for outdoor cooking . Nice set up too . I bet the area was 30 x 30 .
I'll be going back soon .

mosparky mosparky if you're interested he's on the corner of Willot and Jungermann . Same plaza as Erio's pizza .
If you haven't tried Erio's , you should . Great pizza .

For years, Ace was my favorite modeling hobby shop. The place is full of items that can easily be adapted for RC modeling.

As I moved on to smoking meats, I began to notice that they are also the best BBQ store in my area.

Thanks for bringing attention to them. It should aid anyone who is not aware.

I began to notice that they are also the best BBQ store in my area.
Yup . My Weber Performer Deluxe came from Ace Hardware back in 2006 .
I could walk around in there all day . They closed the one by me when Lowes and HomeDepot moved in a block down the street .
This was a happy accident being directed to this store . I'll make the trip back there for sure .

Reactions: Dive Bar Casanova
Yup . My Weber Performer Deluxe came from Ace Hardware back in 2006 .
I could walk around in there all day . They closed the one by me when Lowes and HomeDepot moved in a block down the street .
This was a happy accident being directed to this store . I'll make the trip back there for sure .
Amazing the stuff you find there when ya start sniffing around the aisles.. Especially helpful clever gadgets for the RV. Unique sink stoppers, towel hangers, storage items.

Reactions: chopsaw
Late summer watch for clearance sales.
It's when I stock up on sweet wood chunks and marked down accessories.

Dive Bar,

I also do the same thing hit up three stores last year and got more chips, pellets and wood chunks to last plus all the different sauces and dry rubs from all over. I was like a kid in a candy store!
My wife will not let me go there alone any more

Yeah the Ace here in town and the one 8 miles up I-80 have amazing selection of everything Q as you mention. The one up the road usually has my favorite lump charcoal - kamado Joe's big block - they sell out of it often, and I can't find it anywhere else.

The best thing about Ace is they are usually locally owned and operated. I like supporting people over big box stores when I can.
And pre assembly is available at no extra cost.
The more propane the owner of our Ace buys the better deal he gets from the supplier so right before delivery he rolls out onto the shoulder of the road a 1/3 off per gallon sign to make room in his tanks for the delivery.

Last edited:
I haven’t been in an Ace hardware in years.
Same here Al . When they closed the one close to me I started going to True Value in old town . It's a cool store . Old building . They still weigh out nails and stuff like that . Old fashion hardware store .
I remember now what Ace is like . Yesterday was the first time in 10 or more years I've been in one .

Our local Ace has a fair selection as well but not that extensive. I know the manager so he makes sure to keep the B&B lump stocked at all times lol. Also calls with heads up on sales. Amazing what a little pulled pork will do haha.

There are three Ace Hardware stores within reasonable driving distance from me and all are very well stocked.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky