Ac legg question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Take the weight of the seasoning pack and divide by the recommended number of pounds the pack is suppose to season. That is the grams of seasoning per pound of meat. Now multiply by 7.....

Reactions: Biggy1
Big fan of AC Leggs mixes. https://aclegg.com/wp-content/uploa...om/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Blend-105-1.pdf

10oz per 25bs. 16oz = 1lb, so 25lbs = 400oz, 10/400 per oz = .025 per oz. So for 7lbs (7*16oz)=112/400 you want 2.8oz mix. However, 7lbs cubed meat sound like lean meat and you want around 20% fat for tasty product. Hopefully, this is accounted for.
I
Big fan of AC Leggs mixes. https://aclegg.com/wp-content/uploa...om/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Blend-105-1.pdf

10oz per 25bs. 16oz = 1lb, so 25lbs = 400oz, 10/400 per oz = .025 per oz. So for 7lbs (7*16oz)=112/400 you want 2.8oz mix. However, 7lbs cubed meat sound like lean meat and you want around 20% fat for tasty product. Hopefully, this is accounted for.
Thank you sir, I have a 5# brisket flat and 2#'s of beef fat .

Reactions: zwiller
Take the weight of the seasoning pack and divide by the recommended number of pounds the pack is suppose to season. That is the grams of seasoning per pound of meat.
OK . Mixing some AC leggs brats . Gonna try this method . I sck at math unless it's on a tape measure or framing square .
11 oz. package for 25 pounds . I get .44 .
Batch is 4 pounds , I'm going to use 1.8 oz .

OK . Mixing some AC leggs brats . Gonna try this method . I sck at math unless it's on a tape measure or framing square .
11 oz. package for 25 pounds . I get .44 .
Batch is 4 pounds , I'm going to use 1.8 oz .
44x4=1.76 nearest 1.8 , I thank the members .

I was rounding up . I tend to add some extra anyway . Makes my brain hurt , and this was to easy .

Reactions: Biggy1
AC Legg's Old Plantation
Real Old Time Southern Smoked Sausage Flavor
Blend 105

This Legg's seasoning blend is used to produce a southern style smoked sausage. It contains some crushed red pepper for visibility in the finished product. Stuff in 32-35mm hog casings and smoke over a low hickory fire for a sausage that can be eaten as is or used in a wide variety of recipes.
One 11oz bag seasons 25 pounds of true southern style smoked sausage.
Blended of Salt, Dextrose, Spices, Sodium Erythorbate: 7/32 oz. All natural spices. This product contains MSG. Contains no wheat or dairy products.

THIS PACKAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN THE SODIUM NITRITE CURE.

Meat Cures For Smoked Sausage And Jerky
If you are smoking or processing meats at low temperatures (below 140 degrees F) you must use a sodium nitrite cure. Cure for smoked sausage products are available in pre-measured one ounce packets or by the pound. A one ounce packet of Quick Cure is enough to cure 25 pounds of sausage. Please Visit The Cures Section of our store or see the related products below to order.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I convert all measurements to grams before I get going..... Makes number crunching mo-betta......

11 oz. to grams.... 454 grams in a pound.. 16 ounces in a pound.........

454 divided by 16 equals, the number of grams in an ounce.....,

454/16 = 28.38 grams per ounce
+++++++++++++++++++++
you have an 11 oz. bag ... times 28.38 grams equals ...

11 x 28.38 = 312 grams of #105 in the bag...
++++++++++++++++++++++
The bag is good for 25 pounds of meat....

312 grams divided by 25 #'s of meat equals

312/25 = 12.5 grams of #105 per pound of meat....
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you are planning on smoking this sausage, you must add cure#1.....

For156 Ppm nitrite in the sausage, add ~1.1grams per pound of meat... or 1 level teaspoon per 5#'s of meat...

Cure#1 (6.25% sodium nitrite) kills the botulism bacteria... important when smoking meats below 225 deg. F in your smoker....

AC Legg's Old Plantation
Real Old Time Southern Smoked Sausage Flavor
Blend 105

This Legg's seasoning blend is used to produce a southern style smoked sausage. It contains some crushed red pepper for visibility in the finished product. Stuff in 32-35mm hog casings and smoke over a low hickory fire for a sausage that can be eaten as is or used in a wide variety of recipes.
One 11oz bag seasons 25 pounds of true southern style smoked sausage.
Blended of Salt, Dextrose, Spices, Sodium Erythorbate: 7/32 oz. All natural spices. This product contains MSG. Contains no wheat or dairy products.

THIS PACKAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN THE SODIUM NITRITE CURE.

Meat Cures For Smoked Sausage And Jerky
If you are smoking or processing meats at low temperatures (below 140 degrees F) you must use a sodium nitrite cure. Cure for smoked sausage products are available in pre-measured one ounce packets or by the pound. A one ounce packet of Quick Cure is enough to cure 25 pounds of sausage. Please Visit The Cures Section of our store or see the related products below to order.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I convert all measurements to grams before I get going..... Makes number crunching mo-betta......

11 oz. to grams.... 454 grams in a pound.. 16 ounces in a pound.........

454 divided by 16 equals, the number of grams in an ounce.....,

454/16 = 28.38 grams per ounce
+++++++++++++++++++++
you have an 11 oz. bag ... times 28.38 grams equals ...

11 x 28.38 = 312 grams of #105 in the bag...
++++++++++++++++++++++
The bag is good for 25 pounds of meat....

312 grams divided by 25 #'s of meat equals

312/25 = 12.5 grams of #105 per pound of meat....
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you are planning on smoking this sausage, you must add cure#1.....

For156 Ppm nitrite in the sausage, add ~1.1grams per pound of meat... or 1 level teaspoon per 5#'s of meat...

Cure#1 (6.25% sodium nitrite) kills the botulism bacteria... important when smoking meats below 225 deg. F in your smoker....

It's an 11oz. bag , but I really appreciate the math

The bag says it's 11ozs. 3.086 for 7#'s . but I appreciate the example sir!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky