Classic Atomic Buffalo Turds

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Classic Atomic Buffalo Turds

The filling in these was a mix of cream cheese, Chihuahua cheese, minced red bell pepper and onion.
I too love Chihuahua cheese it is one of the best Mexican melting cheeses out there.
Use one or two Ziploc bags to make piping bags, makes filling the chiles much quicker and cleaner.

Wrap in bacon and toothpick in place.

Smoke at 250°-275° till bacon is cooked.

Last edited:
One of my favorite things to eat. My only problem is that I just can't have 2 or 3 of them. I'd probly have 7 or 8.

I've always cut mine in half instead of cutting the tops off and filling them. Will have to try it that way to compare.

Yours look really good Chile.

Nice turds! I want to do these with chihuahua cheese instead of cream.

Mike
I just realized that this thread was a pictorial and that I did not post the recipe, sorry about that.
the filling in these was a mix of cream cheese, Chihuahua cheese, minced red bell pepper and onion.
I too love Chihuahua cheese it is one of the best Mexican melting cheeses out there.
One of my favorite things to eat. My only problem is that I just can't have 2 or 3 of them. I'd probly have 7 or 8.

I've always cut mine in half instead of cutting the tops off and filling them. Will have to try it that way to compare.

Yours look really good Chile.
Thank you,
I prefer to do mine as a whole pepper but if I'm doing them for a party I do them in halves to get more to go around.
We just picked a mess of those peppers off the garden yesterday......hmmmmm, might have to try this.
Do try them, yummy stuff.
Wow! Some great looking food your posting!
thank you, much appreciated.

John, sorry this one must have slipped by. Those look great. I like them whole with the tops chopped off to.

Point for sure.
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky