ABT'S with Sweet banana Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Missed this one somehow. We love making these too. I see you have the same problem in your finished picture as I do. Somehow there aren't as many in the box as when it started!??? Looks pretty tasty!

Those little guys look Awesome!
And this is a Great Step by Step too!!
How hot are those Banana Peppers?
Nice Job, Warren!!
Like.

Bear

They were not hot at all they were sweet banana peppers.

Warren

I just wondered because the Hot Peppers I buy in a Jar for my Cheesesteaks are "Banana Pepper Rings", and I love them!!
Most other Hot Peppers are too hot for me.

Bear

I just wondered because the Hot Peppers I buy in a Jar for my Cheesesteaks are "Banana Pepper Rings", and I love them!!
Most other Hot Peppers are too hot for me.

Bear

There is a hot banana pepper. A guy I use to work with brought some to work a young kid working with us asked if they were and he said you ever seen a hot banana so the kid ate one and it light him up.

Warren

Looks good Warren, Like on those. ABT's are always a yummy treat.... Congrats on the carousel ride.

Warren sorry I must have not submitted my post the other day,my peppers are starting to get ready for picking.
Yours look great!!
Richie

Just picked my first peppers of this year and when you have peppers it's time for ABT'S.
Very simple and easy.

The collection of peppers

View attachment 400863

Remove the seeds and white membrane

View attachment 400858

All ready for the next step

View attachment 400859

Mixed cream cheese with some Tony's

View attachment 400860

Peppers filled with cream cheese mixture

View attachment 400861

Bacon was to think to stretch and so I just layer a strip on top of the peppers in the smoker and ready to go. Note there is no water in the pan there to catch the drippings from the bacon.

View attachment 400862

Only took about and 1 1/2 at 225

View attachment 400864

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. They were very tasty. A great practice for this years up coming Pa Gathering Sept 27 - 29th

Warren

I had a great time at the NC "party" that I would love to do the Pa. party especially if crab soup made another appearance.

I had a great time at the NC "party" that I would love to do the Pa. party especially if crab soup made another appearance.

That would be great we would love to have you. Would you bring the smoker with you?
Yea there will be some crab soup. (getting to be my trade mark)
Look under events listing and find the 2019 Pa gathering to keep track of our plans. Great hearing from you again.

Warren

That would be great we would love to have you. Would you bring the smoker with you?
Yea there will be some crab soup. (getting to be my trade mark)
Look under events listing and find the 2019 Pa gathering to keep track of our plans. Great hearing from you again.

Warren

Hey Warren,

I'm always on the lookout for a good crab soup recipe. Would you mind posting yours?

Is yours a creamy soup?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky