ABTs and little smokies

Discussion in 'ABT's' started by rick83, May 3, 2014.

1. rick83

rick83 Fire Starter

I got a couple friends coming over to watch the mayweather fight tonight...so my plan was to wake up and do a pork butt. Instead the weather around the KC area is 80° and my wife had plans for me to do yard work...lol. Since i didn't have time for the butt i'll just do some snacks.
    Some ABTs stuffed with diced up chedder cheese (i think it gives better flavor than shredded), cream cheese, green onion and garlic. Also some little smokies wrapped in bacon and i'll put a glaze of melted butter and brown sugar once the get close to done :)

2. rick83

rick83 Fire Starter

The finished product....the little smokies after the butter and brown sugar taste like honey baked ham :)

3. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Them look good, Very nice job 

A full smoker is a happy smoker

DS

4. Nice looking Snacks!!!

Scott

5. travisty

travisty Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Nice! Anyone try ABT's with little smokies INSIDE them? I think that's my next smoker snack. Halve the jalapenos, spoon in a bit of cream cheese insert a lil' smoky, wrap in bacon and smoke.

savismoker likes this.
  6. crankybuzzard

crankybuzzard Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Something like this?

travisty likes this.
  7. dukeburger

dukeburger Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I've done that once or twice

travisty likes this.
  8. travisty

Yes! those look amazing. I think ill make some like that for Christmas. So most stuff I have made in the past that I wrapped in bacon ended up just getting soggy and greasy. Do you guys cook the bacon first at all, or does the run off in the smoker mitigate that issue?

9. crankybuzzard

crankybuzzard Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

My bacon is basically raw when the ABTs get wrapped.  In my smoker I don't usually have an issue, but if the bacon needs a quick firm up or crisping, I drop them on the grill for a couple of minutes.

10. Travisty,

I make them like that all the time.  I change up the cheese sometimes, I even put pork rub in the

cheese mix, but can't stand limp bacon so I fry it a little and crank the heat on my smoker up to finish them off.

Teddy

11. travisty

@DukeBurger, those are probably the best looking ABT's ive ever seen, do you have a recipe/ walkthrough on here? How did you wrap your bacon?

12. dukeburger

dukeburger Master of the Pit OTBS Member