A5 Japanese Wagyu Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I see it was asked and answered earlier but would you want to inject a brisket that costs that much coin?

But post lots of pictures when you smoke that baby up! As someone you who is hard pressed to buy a $40-50$ packer at Walmart....I’m living vicariously through you!

Ready to drool!

Things I could do with $1,300.-$1600.

1.5 Mortgage payments
5 Car payments
10 months of gas for car
A really nice, new Firearm
A nice Family Vacation
4-5 day long range fishing charter out of San Diego
10 weekend trips to CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park to shoot the 600 yard line.

Last edited:
Reactions: webs05
Things I could do with $1,300.-$1600.

1.5 Mortgage payments
5 Car payments
10 months of gas for car
A really nice rifle or shotgun
A nice Family Vacation
4-5 day long range fishing charter out of San Diego
10 weekend trips to CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park to shoot the 600 yard line.
but in none of those scenarios are you eating an A5 whole packer brisket...

giphy.gif

:emoji_laughing::emoji_wink:

all valid points though...

Never had any trouble with anything Vac Sealed properly & froze to below Zero for well over 2 years.
However I never had anything above "Choice".
That could cause my cheap Home Depot Freezer to have a Nervous Breakdown!

Bear

Reactions: b-one and tallbm
I cant wait to see the pics of this thing when you get it a cook it! My wife would divorce me if I bought a $1,300 brisket lol
That’s why she’s not gonna know about it. And if she pisses me off I’m bumping up to Olive Wagyu.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
For that price, buy the ticket to Japan, jump on the train to Kobe, and have REAL Kobe Beef cooked by a pro! Kobe beef fat melts at much lower temperatures.......77° F; it literally melts in your mouth! Been there twice, and true Kobe Beef is life-changing. Nothing in the states can compare. I tried american Wagyu once......

Reactions: tallbm
Haha, I was off a day. They go on the market tomorrow at 11am. I’m just hoping I don’t find out that they’re 100/lb but that’s quite possible, and I’m gonna have to think twice about 25 lbs at 100 per. I’ll keep you all posted,

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
For that price, buy the ticket to Japan, jump on the train to Kobe, and have REAL Kobe Beef cooked by a pro! Kobe beef fat melts at much lower temperatures.......77° F; it literally melts in your mouth! Been there twice, and true Kobe Beef is life-changing. Nothing in the states can compare. I tried american Wagyu once......
I can assure you this is as real as it gets. And I know a Pro can cook it, but that’s the reason I want it. Let’s assume money wasn’t an issue, would you buy 10 American Wagyu or 1 Japanese A5 from your experiences with the 2?

I can assure you this is as real as it gets. And I know a Pro can cook it, but that’s the reason I want it. Let’s assume money wasn’t an issue, would you buy 10 American Wagyu or 1 Japanese A5 from your experiences with the 2?

No contest, Japanese A5....in Japan......

No contest, Japanese A5....in Japan......
Glad you enjoy Japan. So here in The good ole USA you’d go with 10 American Wagyu then? Do they cook different in their climate or are you just questioning if it’s true A5 I’m getting here in the US? Im not being abrasive but I’m about to drop a lot of cash and want to see if I should save it and buy a bunch of SRF or 1 A5. Going to cook it in Japan not in the cards. You’re one of the few I’ve found that has tasted both, so wondering if you’d buy a true Japanese A5 or a bunch, say 10, of American crossed Wagyu for same price assuming you had 2 grand that had to be spent on one or the other. I’m torn, but who knows when I get my price tomorrow on the A5 it might answer it for me.

Why is Brisket tough? Muscle that does work builds more connective tissue and stores less fat in terms of marbling. This is the reason walking muscles like Chuck, Round and Brisket is tough compared to a Tenderloin that does very little. Now Prime Beef has more Marbling than Choice. That fat separates the muscle bundles so for any given muscle, Prime will be more tender. Good quality, resaurant, Prime beef has maybe 10% Marbling? A5 Wagyu is nearly 50% marbling to Lean!!

Now this is an Educated Guess as A5 Anything is still on my Bucket List, but...

An A5 Brisket HAS TO BE exponentially more tender than any good old American, Piggly Wiggly, Choice or even Prime Brisket!!!
There is NO WAY I would put 10, 15, 20 hours on this meat! After all, Low and Slow Brisket was invented to take a tough as leather Brisket and cook it until Grandpa could eat it with No Teeth! A5 should not need all them hours to get tender. Not to mention Rendering Out all that delicious FAT!

It ain't the same as long smoked Texas Brisket but ANY hunk of Beef that cost in excess of $1000 would be eaten RARE or MED/RARE at the most! I want that Fat IN the Meat! Whether that be Smoked like a Prime Rib eye and served indoors...OR...Pick a nice day, gather my family and friends around a table with a couple of Screaming Hot Hibachi's, slice that meat Across the Grain 1/2" Thick, put our several shakers of Salt and Pepper, then let everybody cook their own.

There would be a HUGE SIGN put up...ANYONE EVEN CONSIDERING OR ACTIVELY CONTAMINATING THIS BEEF WITH A1 OR KETCHUP...WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT!...JJ

There would be a HUGE SIGN put up...ANYONE EVEN CONSIDERING OR ACTIVELY CONTAMINATING THIS BEEF WITH A1 OR KETCHUP...WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT!...JJ

Awwww, Even if I promise to use a name brand Ketchup.

Chris

E42AF01B-F590-46C5-910B-DA37DF7C701E.jpeg
Why is Brisket tough? Muscle that does work builds more connective tissue and stores less fat in terms of marbling. This is the reason walking muscles like Chuck, Round and Brisket is tough compared to a Tenderloin that does very little. Now Prime Beef has more Marbling than Choice. That fat separates the muscle bundles so for any given muscle, Prime will be more tender. Good quality, resaurant, Prime beef has maybe 10% Marbling? A5 Wagyu is nearly 50% marbling to Lean!!

Now this is an Educated Guess as A5 Anything is still on my Bucket List, but...

An A5 Brisket HAS TO BE exponentially more tender than any good old American, Piggly Wiggly, Choice or even Prime Brisket!!!
There is NO WAY I would put 10, 15, 20 hours on this meat! After all, Low and Slow Brisket was invented to take a tough as leather Brisket and cook it until Grandpa could eat it with No Teeth! A5 should not need all them hours to get tender. Not to mention Rendering Out all that delicious FAT!

It ain't the same as long smoked Texas Brisket but ANY hunk of Beef that cost in excess of $1000 would be eaten RARE or MED/RARE at the most! I want that Fat IN the Meat! Whether that be Smoked like a Prime Rib eye and served indoors...OR...Pick a nice day, gather my family and friends around a table with a couple of Screaming Hot Hibachi's, slice that meat Across the Grain 1/2" Thick, put our several shakers of Salt and Pepper, then let everybody cook their own.

Got one, was able to buy a 15 lb by doing half. Cut length wise so you get point and flat, but much more reasonable. I didn’t need a 30 lb which is what the full ones are. Some even more

Got one, was able to buy a 15 lb by doing half. Cut length wise so you get point and flat, but much more reasonable. I didn’t need a 30 lb which is what the full ones are. Some even more
Highly recommend Crowd Cow if you haven’t heard of it.

Reactions: dls1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky