a twist on burgers...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jonboat

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Upstate NY
OK, it's been a busy summer, so busy that I haven't had enough hours to string together to do any smoking.

So what I've been doing is using my ECB for grilling (afterall, it says "Smoke N Grill") on the front.

Last night we did something fun...BBQ burgers.

I don't have the specifics on the burger patties (my wife mixes them up), but I know it's 1 packet of dry onion soup mix (think Liptons) and some worcestershire sauce mixed in with 2 lbs of ground beef. I figure folks can experiment with different stuff.

Configure the ECB as a grill, get the charcoal going and soak a couple small pieces of apple wood.

Throw the wood chunks on, then put the burgers on and the lid on. Let them smoke for 5 minutes, then flip them and repeat for another 5 minutes.

Pull the cover, baste with bbq sauce, grilling for 5 more minutes/side with the cover off.

Add cheddar or jack cheese and cover again for 2-3 minutes.

Yummy!!!!

No q-view
icon_sad.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky