A Tale Of Two different Steak & Egg Breakfasts (Pics Inc.)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Several days back I read a post from Jake where he'd done something Mexican themed for dinner. It was morning when I read it and the cogs started turning for something along those lines for my morning meal. Being that things have been really slow again this week at work I've had time to play and make my own versus grabbing a burger at the drive-thru and eating in the car.

This one is sirloin steak and egg breakfast fajitas. Not super pretty but it sure was filling and tasty!!

6 oz. sirloin filet
013.jpg

Sliced thin and lightly seasoned with my fajita seasoning mix
014.jpg

All the goodies ready to go out to the patio
015.jpg

And the race is on
016.jpg

Cook up some eggs and toss on a couple big torts to heat up
017.jpg

Torts in the taco holder and add eggs
018.jpg

Fajita meat
019.jpg

Veggies
020.jpg

Queso fresco
021.jpg

Homemade fire roasted salsa
022.jpg

These were crazy huge and crazy good. Another one that held me till supper time. Can't wait to make these one weekend for Tracy

Next is a rib eye cap steak, omelette with cheddar and grilled veggies, and buttered toast. Only a couple pics of this one. Wasn't expecting anything really good and by the time I figured I might be onto something, I'd already been through most of the cooking process.

Omelette in a CI griddle emulsifying in butter and topped with grilled onions & peppers along with cheddar cheese. Couple slices of bread being turned into toast, and the rib eye rear right
017.jpg

Steak perfectly done, omelette looking good (just needs more veggies) and toast done exactly as I like it. This was a really good way to start the day and prepare one for a mid-morning nap.
019.jpg

These were earlier this week. I did another really good breakfast this morning that I might post also. It looks good enough to showcase here but I'm not wanting to inundate the forum with a bunch of stuff in one day. Y'all take care and be safe out there.

Beef...it's what's for breakfast!!
Robert

Very nice Robert. Breakfast tacos look great.....I'd nail that steak and omelette in a heartbeat. Awesome cooks bud

Gee whiz looking at those two great breakfasts almost make me want to get off my butt and fire up the flat top, big Like Robert! Maybe more coffee and I'll be ready to burst into action by lunchtime. RAY

Two fantastic looking breakfasts! Those break fajitas look like they hit the spot. And how can you ever go wrong with steak and eggs!?

Very nice!

Robert, all looks great! I've literally just finished dinner, full to the gills, and looking at these my mouth is watering. Really excellent looking meals. That Rib Eye the color is perfect.
Thanks again for sharing and continuing to WOW us.

Mike

The spinalis muscle (ribeye cap) is in my opinion the most decadent and delicious tasty bit on a cow. My ex wife always said it had too much fat for her so I always got hers. It's the only thing I miss about her.

That's a wonderful meal and definitely the omelet is a perfect way to enjoy it!!!

so I'm a little late to the party...but both meals look fabulous! I'd eat them anytime of the day! Yes, sitting in my chair watching it snow, had ice earlier, and going through old posts I've missed! Nice job Robert!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky