A Sunday Green Chili Breakfast Burrito

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
We were making a batch of breakfast burritos for the freezer and so I had mine on a bed of Mr's ~t~'s green chili and cooked it in my Small Egg. The filling was hot pork sausage, eggs, cheese, green onions, peppers, potatoes, and cilantro. For the topping I added two kinds of cheese, and some green onion tops, and it took about a half hour on the pit to bring everything up to temp. We roast out own peppers twice a year, so the heat level varies with the Hatch and Big Jim peppers we can buy. Don't get me wrong, I love a good red chili, but green chili is a wonderful change. And it's green, no doubt about that. :emoji_nerd: Saturday night I broke out the Makers Mark , and was slightly over-served.... so this was a great breakfast.
0HXoO4V.jpg
Here is the filling and the basic assembly
bDxr8EB.jpg
Nxna9YL.jpg
tldf4sD.jpg
Onto the Small Egg. In this application, my GirllGrates diffuse some heat and won't let the bottom of baking dish or cast iron skillet burn.
OpPpaJz.jpg
About 15 or 20 minutes into the cook.
8HH2kwQ.jpg
Ready to dive in...

zSjNtZs.jpg
C4R3aXj.jpg

Nice! Breakfast Burritos are a fav of mine too. LOVE Green Chile on just about anything especially cheese burgers ...JJ

Reactions: zwiller
GUEST_b687a8e6-efd7-4b28-9ce0-89db68f13862

this is by far my favorite widely available tortilla brand. both flour and corn.

Looks fantastic and love that nice big jalapeño with it!

Had I put more thought into it I would have made a couple of ABT's with the jalapeno because the only thing missing was bacon. That pepper was a spicy one, but you can't put it down.

Great look'in grub right there!!!
I'm not a breakfast person, but that would make a fine dinner as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky