A question of timing?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alblancher

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 6, 2009
Louisiana
Here's my problem

For the Saturday before Easter I have family visiting and would like to do Brisket, ABTs and home made beef and pork sausage.

The Brisket needs to be smoked at 225 - 240 to get them to temp, the sausage will be cured and I would like to smoke it at 125 - 140 for 5 or 6 hours then maybe crank it up and bring to proper internal temps.

Any ideas on  the best way to pull this off with out using two smokers?  Should I precook the sausage Friday planning to reheat in the 240 smoker Saturday.  Just start the briskets at maybe midnight Friday night so they will be ready for noon Saturday?

Or

Precook the briskeys Friday till they get to temp, and just wrap in foil and warm them during the sausage smoke on Saturday. 

Can I cook the sausage for the ABTs in the skillet, stuff and then give them a bit of smoke with the sausage?

I don't want to be up at midnight starting the Lang to finish the briskets early Saturday.

Thanks for any insight

Al

there's no crime in putting the briskets in an oven for the final few hours to get up to temp. thereby freeing up the smoker for sausage.

EDIT: it's not a crime in NY yet anyways, at least not yet.

Last edited:
I think all of your ideas sound good Al, and so does Dan's suggestion. Now you have to choose one. Let us know what you decide.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky