A prayer for my father.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
For me finding a place by myself for a good ole blubbering cry was a big help. Gets it all out so you can console others. Still tear up at times when I think of them.

So sorry for your loss. May your heart heal in time. As you said, sometimes they are in a better place free of pain and suffering. The cycles of life are hard. some are inevitable, some unplanned. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Give thanks for all the years you shared.

Reactions: tx smoker
May your heart heal in time. As you said, sometimes they are in a better place free of pain and suffering. The cycles of life are hard. some are inevitable, some unplanned.

Very well stated Sandy. I lost my father in '94 very unexpectedly. He was 55 and experienced a "sudden cardiac event" that left all of us reeling. He and I were finally starting to get close when I lost him and still choke up every once in a while when I think about him. The pain lessens over time but it never goes away.

We love ya Steve and feel your pain my friend,
Robert

So sorry to hear of your loss Steve. You and your family will be in our prayers. Just remember that you have a big family here, as is evident, so remember that if you ever need anything all you have to do is ask!

Ryan

Please say a prayer for my father. He passed away yesterday afternoon . He was 88 years old. Within a little over a year I lost both my parents. But I know they are both free of pain. And at peace.
It always gives me a feeling of relief when the suffering subsides. We are on this big rock for a finite time. It seems like an eternity while we are here; but it is just a grain of sand in the hourglass of our history. I am deeply sorry for your loss, but I accept life as I accept death. My only hope is that your parents lived life to its its fullest and left with no regrets. As such I hope we all live life and depart without regret. My next pour is to your father, may he rest in piece.
L'cheim!
20191128_180306.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky