A New Build: 24x30 Vertical Offset - A Custom Build For JLeonard!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
:emoji_clap: Well done Red!!!!!! Jim is going to have a top shelf cooker! Thanks for letting me interject some “food for thought”. But it was you and Jim that made the ideas become real!

Jim enjoy and looking forward to seeing some cooks out of that sweet cooker!

Great final pictures and description Joel. ( and of coarse great work )

Fine work and that smoker has a nice flow to it .

Anyone would be proud to own this for sure.

Be a shame to get it dirty with grease and sauces and animal parts .................... WHO am I kidding .

Fill that sucker up and enjoy the heck out of it.

David

:emoji_clap: Well done Red!!!!!! Jim is going to have a top shelf cooker! Thanks for letting me interject some “food for thought”. But it was you and Jim that made the ideas become real!

Jim enjoy and looking forward to seeing some cooks out of that sweet cooker!

Thanks Civil! I appreciate your input and your comments along the way...and I know Jim does too!

Great final pictures and description Joel. ( and of coarse great work )

Fine work and that smoker has a nice flow to it .

Anyone would be proud to own this for sure.

Be a shame to get it dirty with grease and sauces and animal parts .................... WHO am I kidding .

Fill that sucker up and enjoy the heck out of it.

David

Thank you David! I'm looking forward to seeing Jim get 'er dirty! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Red

What a impressive build Red and that's sure an heirloom smoker that will turn out some great Q for many years!
I'm not a welder or fabber but can certainly recognize quality work and yours is up there with the top pit makers.

Jim you need a car hauler with a winch to load that beast😆. Or maybe a comalong.

Keith

What a impressive build Red and that's sure an heirloom smoker that will turn out some great Q for many years!
I'm not a welder or fabber but can certainly recognize quality work and yours is up there with the top pit makers.

Thanks for the kind words Keith! I hope Jim gets years of good Q out of this pit!

Jim you need a car hauler with a winch to load that beast😆. Or maybe a comalong.

I'm actually thinking the same thing! If the trailer ramp is very steep, we may really need a winch or a come along!

Red

Well, Jim's smoker is on it's way home with him! He was running later than he expected, and didn't get here until late this afternoon. He brough his son, Bryce with him, and between the 3 of us, it wasn't too big a challenge to get that heavy sucker loaded. A low trailer with a good ramp helped too!

Here's a pic of the proud new owner standing next to the pit. The big smile on his face makes me happy! His first comment was "It looks even bigger in person that the photos!" :emoji_sweat_smile:

He seemed very happy with it, which was what mattered most to me! I hope he enjoys years of great cooks on this pit.

img174.jpg

Being the great guy he is, Jim brought along a little token of appreciation for the pit builder. Unexpected...and certainly unnecessary - but also much appreciated! He knew I was a bourbon man!

img175.jpg

I don't know a thing about this label - but I'm looking forward to cracking the cork and sampling it! I'm thinking about saving it until Jim posts his first cook thread...then having a drink in his honor!

Thanks again to all you guys who have followed along!

Red

That's awesome! Jim sends some good bottles out!

Ryan

That's right! I remember him mentioning he'd sent some of this to you Ryan! Jim is just good people! And if he goes ahead and moves to NW Arkansas, he and I will be close neighbors...as it's barely an hour drive for me to Springdale - which is right in the heart of NWA.

Red

WOW that came out fantastic Joel!!! a true work of art. You certainly have some most excellent talents.

Jim enjoy that bad boy, and make Joel proud. We're all looking forward to the maiden voyage. Don't keep us waiting too long.

As Brownsville station once said: Smoking in the boys room.
Chris

WOW that came out fantastic Joel!!! a true work of art. You certainly have some most excellent talents.

Jim enjoy that bad boy, and make Joel proud. We're all looking forward to the maiden voyage. Don't keep us waiting too long.

As Brownsville station once said: Smoking in the boys room.
Chris

Thank you Chris!

Red

Just awesome!!!! Now should we all take bets on what and when it’s first cooked on……

LOL when he was giving it a walk around inspection, he was still trying to decide what to cook first. Bryce kinda teased his dad by mentioning that a regular subject of discussion on the 6 1/2 hour trip was what they were gonna cook first! 🤤 Seems like he was leaning towards either ribs or brisket...

So c'mon Jim...What's it gonna be Brother!

Red

He brough his son, Bryce with him, and between the 3 of us, it wasn't too big a challenge to get that heavy sucker loaded. A low trailer with a good ramp helped too!

View attachment 697657

Being the great guy he is, Jim brought along a little token of appreciation for the pit builder. Unexpected...and certainly unnecessary - but also much appreciated! He knew I was a bourbon man!

View attachment 697660

I don't know a thing about this label - but I'm looking forward to cracking the cork and sampling it! I'm thinking about saving it until Jim posts his first cook thread...then having a drink in his honor!

Red
yeah and you should have heard that trailer grunt when the smoker landed on it!!!! 😂😂 Just to give some perspective on the size of this thing…I’m 6-4 and 300 pounds! And if I was flexible enough I could fit in the cook chamber. 😳😲😳 We got home right at 1am This morning. Got it offloaded and in the garage (was worried the stack would clear the door!) right before the bottom fell out. Raced that storm all the way across Arkansas!

Joel this gives a little history on the distillery if your interested…

Just awesome!!!! Now should we all take bets on what and when it’s first cooked on……
it will be next weekend! Already planning a good break in cook. Especially since Joel has already seasoned it for me!

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky