A Little Double Smoked Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
About 10 miles from the blue turf!
Have only done one before and felt it was time for another. Small boneless ham only about a pound and a half. Actually injected with a bit of BBQ sauce\vinegar combo and sprinkled with a small amount of sweet and smoky rub. Just getting started...
20210606_184820.jpg

About an hour and a half in with a light basting of the same sauce\vinegar combo...
20210606_201953.jpg

And a couple of finishing shots after several glazes...
20210606_202138.jpg

20210606_202150.jpg

It was pretty good the night I made it but the leftovers seemed even smokier and more tasty. Thanks for taking a look.

Looks great!!
Thank you kindly.

What, no slice pic? What kind of show you running here?
I started cooking and therefore eating about two hours later than I wanted to. So when I sliced off the end piece I immediately ate it and started plating. Started plating and didn't really think about other pics.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
We've all been there when things did not go according to plan... doesn't mean we won't give ya a hard time though LOL

Reactions: bbqbrett
That is one beautiful glaze!!
Thanks. I think I put about 4 coats of sauce on it to get it that way.
Man that looks good with great color !
Thank you. I was really happy with the way it turned out. Going to try and do another one before too long.
Great looking finish on the glaze. I can see why it was a great eat.
Gary
Thanks Gary. Not sure I have ever made anything that looked quite that good.

Man that looks good. Is that one of the "loaf like" hams? I've wondered about smoking them. Now you got thinking a trip to the store is in order.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky