• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

A Little Double Smoked Ham

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
Have only done one before and felt it was time for another. Small boneless ham only about a pound and a half. Actually injected with a bit of BBQ sauce\vinegar combo and sprinkled with a small amount of sweet and smoky rub. Just getting started...
20210606_184820.jpg

About an hour and a half in with a light basting of the same sauce\vinegar combo...
20210606_201953.jpg

And a couple of finishing shots after several glazes...
20210606_202138.jpg

20210606_202150.jpg

It was pretty good the night I made it but the leftovers seemed even smokier and more tasty. Thanks for taking a look.

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Great looking finish on the glaze. I can see why it was a great eat.
Gary

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 25, 2017
We've all been there when things did not go according to plan... doesn't mean we won't give ya a hard time though LOL

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
That is one beautiful glaze!!
Thanks. I think I put about 4 coats of sauce on it to get it that way.
Man that looks good with great color !
Thank you. I was really happy with the way it turned out. Going to try and do another one before too long.
Great looking finish on the glaze. I can see why it was a great eat.
Gary
Thanks Gary. Not sure I have ever made anything that looked quite that good.

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Man that looks good. Is that one of the "loaf like" hams? I've wondered about smoking them. Now you got thinking a trip to the store is in order.
Jim

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
Man that looks good. Is that one of the "loaf like" hams? I've wondered about smoking them. Now you got thinking a trip to the store is in order.
Jim
Hey, why not. I got mine like that because I don't really like messing with the bones.

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Hey, why not. I got mine like that because I don't really like messing with the bones.
Shoot yeah. Cant eat the bones anyway. And I bet it would slice up for some killer sammichs too.
Jim

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.