A Great Man Has Passed Away

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm totally shocked and saddened by this news. Gary was a great guy and will be missed by many of us. Rest in Peace my friend and condolences go out to his family

OMG

th_crybaby2.gif

I just talked to him. And seen him and his wife in Savannah not long ago.

RIP MY FRIEND YOU WILL BE MISSED. Prayers to your family.

Last edited:
I'll bet he's having a big plate of something marinated in Yoshida's with Ron.

Sad news indeed. Nice chattin with ya Gary...

WOW ... What a loss for his family, friends, SMF and the community. He will be truly missed.The couple times I spoke with him on the phone you could hear and feel his passion for sharing his knowledge and experiences in and out of the kitchen. The legacy he leaves behind with the 4H Program he created for the youth will be felt for years to come.RIP Gary you are truly one of the great ones. I am blessed to have had the couple conversations with you I did.

He was my greeter on SMF when I joined.  It comes as a shock, not having known of any problem.  Thanks for letting us know, Todd.

He will head THERE in a cloud of thin blue smoke.  RIP

shocked and sadden........very glad to have met such a wonderful person.........prayers for kathy and family.................

He is such a positive and regular presence here on these forums....Hard to imagine not having him around any more. A dear friend to all who gather here. Rest in Peace, Gary...my family will be praying for your family.

I will post info regarding the memorial when I receive it

Oh my God ! What in the world happen ? I talked to Gary several times last week and a couple of weeks ago when the Saints played the Chargers we talked thru the whole game..This is such shocking news...Gary my friend you will be truely missed..!

NOOOOO!  I always looked forward to what he would respond with on my posts.  He was so very helpful!  I will really miss him too!  God Bless him and his family!  

icon_cool.gif

Now this is quite the shocker. I never knew he was ill. Our heart goes out to the family. Gary will be missed for sure. We used to have great talks from time to time

I am truly, at a loss for words.

I just popped on line to check in and seen this. I am so saddened by this news.

Prayers to the Family.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky