A few pickled veggies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

6GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 12, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
I scored some nice looking cucumbers, green beans, red onions, and okra at the local Farmer's Market the other day. I decided to pickle all of it. I used SmokinAl's pickle recipe, but processed the jars in a water bath so they would be shelf stable. 4 pints of pickled cukes, 2-1/2 pints of pickled green beans, and 2-1/2 pints of pickled red onions. I didn't have enough jars for the okra, and then I find out there has been a run on Mason jars. WHAT? First TP, then my favorite bundle of charcoal, and now mason jars. Geez!

IMG_0521.jpg

Looks great Dave! I use Al's recipe for pickles all the time hard to beat!

Apparently a lot of people are having a hard time finding canning supplies right now. Haven't looked here in Knoxvegas yet but there is a run on lids and bands from talking with other members.

Sweet. . .
May have to try pickling some cherry tomatoes. That sounded interesting from a previous post and I've got a ton of them coming. 2 plants and the only one that eats them except what I give to the neighbors.

Sweet.

We had such an abundance of cukes this year we had to pickle a bunch so as not waste them.

Pickled cucumber is soo good, nice stash.
Thanks Jabiru

Nice haul of veggies!
Thanks Steve. Now the worst part. The wait!

Nice work . Love the green beans .
Thanks Chop. I can't wait to try them after the wait!

nice score! Be some tasty snacking for ya

Ryan
Thanks Ryan

Looks great Dave! I use Al's recipe for pickles all the time hard to beat!

Apparently a lot of people are having a hard time finding canning supplies right now. Haven't looked here in Knoxvegas yet but there is a run on lids and bands from talking with other members.
Thanks John. I scored the last 8 pint jars at Publix today. They didn't have any lids, or bands. Crazy times buddy. GBO!

Sweet. . .
May have to try pickling some cherry tomatoes. That sounded interesting from a previous post and I've got a ton of them coming. 2 plants and the only one that eats them except what I give to the neighbors.
Let me know how those turn out. Sounds awesome!

Sweet.

We had such an abundance of cukes this year we had to pickle a bunch so as not waste them.
Thanks normamnaj
Looks good
Thanks Smoker

Also, thanks for all the likes guys.

To bad your not my neighbor . I have cases of jars that I could loan you but my problem is I can't find any lids anywhere around here!! You did a good job on what you had but I would have pickled the okra first !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky