A Few Grilled Pizzas w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man those look killer!! Cheese on top is just how I like it! The taco pizza is money. Between you and Robert I have to have a taco pizza. I’ll be making pizza for the game Sunday. BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma have you tried fathead dough for pizza? We love it.

Thanks Jeff! I am sure your taco pizza will look like it came straight out of Italy. You ever cook them on your kamado?

Here's a pic of John making sure each pie is perfect:
1610723116585.png

Wow those pies look great John. Most excellent job

Point for sure
Chris

Way above and beyond my taco offering old friend. Your way above and beyond.

Chris

Here is what I have used for years with great success.

The goal here is to figure out how big of a dough ball you want.

W= Weight oz
Pi = 3.14
R = Radius /2
TF = Thickness Factor (.10 is standard NY thickness)
W = Pi(3.14) x R x R X TF

- Example: 20.096 = 3.14 x 8 x 8 x .10

Once you know the weight of the dough ball you can figure out the other ingredients. I use a scale for all of my measurements and when it is so small sometimes it is easier to break down to grams.

IngredientPercentageMeasurement
Flour10012.20
Water627.54
Salt1.5.183
Oil1.122
Yeast.25.0305
Sugar1.122

Total all percentages together = 164.75 / 100 = 1.6475

Divide dough ball weight by total percentage 20.096/1.6475 = 12.20 oz of Flour

Then you multiple each percentage by Flour to figure out each ingredient

- Example: Water 12.20 x 62% = 7.54oz

Most of these you can play with – water depending on humidity works best between 58-62%. Sugar you can leave out if you need to, it just helps with the browning process. Again I would convert these to grams and get a scale since we are working with such small numbers.
Holy Cow you like to complicate things, don't you?:emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:
I'm more of a when in doubt double the batch... flour, water, salt and sourdough starter or yeast are cheap and dough freezes well.

Holy Cow you like to complicate things, don't you?:emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:
I'm more of a when in doubt double the batch... flour, water, salt and sourdough starter or yeast are cheap and dough freezes well.

Baker percentages rock, once you get used to them you want all receipts in percentages. Maybe thats just me.

Well, I'm way late to this party so can ya make up another batch, pppllleeeaaassseeee? They all look fantastic, awesome job!

Ryan

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky