A Few Grilled Pizzas w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those Pizzas look great John. Excellent work all around. Thanks for sharing.

Stay safe.

Man those look killer!! Cheese on top is just how I like it! The taco pizza is money. Between you and Robert I have to have a taco pizza. I’ll be making pizza for the game Sunday. BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma have you tried fathead dough for pizza? We love it.
No I have not. I did the zucchini which was pretty good. I a big fan of cold pizza next day and it just not the same. I will try the fat head but still need a real pizza once in a while. I just hate when I make one than not satisfied and wait another 2 - 3 months before getting another.

Nice pies John !! I'm due to make some soon. Might have to throw some dough together tonight when I get home. I'm really digging the rotel dip on the taco pizza! Yumm!!

Thanks Travis! The rotel dip was the taco pizza was wicked. I would highly recommend!

Reactions: Sowsage
Man those look great! I still searching for a pizza dough I happy with. @Sowsage sent me one going to try next. Just can not do pizza very often. Sends my blood glucose through the roof.

Thanks Brian! The dough recipe I use is pretty basic but if you ever want to give it a shot just let me know.

All your pizzas look great John! A great variety too! It almost looks like you’re getting ready for a Ravens superbowl party!

I’d love a slice of each kind please!

Lol thanks Joe. I hope the Chiefs smash the Ravens this weekend and Lamar Jackson goes home crying like a little girl.

Holy smoke!! Talk about pizza overload. That's a bunch of darned good looking pies there John. Nice job and great work making one for every different taste in the house. That's way cool buddy!!

Robert

Thanks Robert. Got the base sauce recipe from you which is killer and the CI pizza pan worked wonders. I might need to invest in about 5 more so I can keep slinging pies one after the other!

Wow John, that is a mess of really nice lookin' pies my friend.

You don't know how much I have been wanting a pizza.....you're killin' me man!

BIG LIKE!

John

Thanks John! Your dough recipe is so easy and the best I have had homemade. Hang in there buddy you will be eating pies again before you know it!

Here is what I have used for years with great success.

The goal here is to figure out how big of a dough ball you want.

W= Weight oz
Pi = 3.14
R = Radius /2
TF = Thickness Factor (.10 is standard NY thickness)
W = Pi(3.14) x R x R X TF

- Example: 20.096 = 3.14 x 8 x 8 x .10

Once you know the weight of the dough ball you can figure out the other ingredients. I use a scale for all of my measurements and when it is so small sometimes it is easier to break down to grams.

IngredientPercentageMeasurement
Flour10012.20
Water627.54
Salt1.5.183
Oil1.122
Yeast.25.0305
Sugar1.122

Total all percentages together = 164.75 / 100 = 1.6475

Divide dough ball weight by total percentage 20.096/1.6475 = 12.20 oz of Flour

Then you multiple each percentage by Flour to figure out each ingredient

- Example: Water 12.20 x 62% = 7.54oz

Most of these you can play with – water depending on humidity works best between 58-62%. Sugar you can leave out if you need to, it just helps with the browning process. Again I would convert these to grams and get a scale since we are working with such small numbers.

Wow! Appreciate all of the info and advise!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky