A Fatty Sunday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

iamswanny

Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
Chicagoland/NW Indiana
My first attempt at a Fatty.  Bacon weave sprinkled with creole seasoning.  I used hot breakfast sausage, cheddar/jack cheese, pepperjack cheese, shrooms, onion, and sweet bell peppers.  I nearly overstuffed, but was able to roll without too much damage.  The sausage and bacon I used was not stuff I usually use and it was extremely salty.  Very tasty, but the salt was a bit much.  I'll definitely be using better ingredients on my next go round with this.

Not bad at all!  How about a shot of the fatty cut open and all that gooey cheese running out?

drool.gif

Bill

Looks and sounds really good! I also have ran in to salty conditions as well. The creole seasoning that I used made it WAY to salty as well also Red Robin seasoning was a salt overkill. They best thing I can say is to stay away from salty seasonings and possibly make your own rub!

Reactions: iamswanny

Looks and sounds really good! I also have ran in to salty conditions as well. The creole seasoning that I used made it WAY to salty as well also Red Robin seasoning was a salt overkill. They best thing I can say is to stay away from salty seasonings and possibly make your own rub!
I believe you are 100% correct.  No more creole, that was the major culprit.  I just figured it was the cheap sausage and bacon but the saltiness was too much for it to be just that.

I still chowed down!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky