A Doctor Saw My Smoked Porks on FaceBook: Ugh

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

silverwolf636

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 18, 2008
East Ohio, Uhrichsville, Ohio
I just had a doctor contact me on my FaceBook.  He is an aquaintance from this town but I really don't know him.

He asked me if I ate all that stuff that I put up on facebook, especially fatties, and I said yes.

He said that he looks at everything there as blockages. Super UGH.  Anyone else ever have a run-in with a doc with eating these treasures?

--ray--

(0||||0)

He's probably one of those vegan health nuts.

If he isn't take him some of your smokes.

I would immediately go into your FB settings and hide your pics from him. He sounds like a vegetarian, I dislike vegetarians/PETA types just as much as anti-gunners. That or bring him some Q to change his mind !!!

Moderation is the key.  I'm 35 and have had multiple heart procedures (congenital defect) and my doc has always said that as long as i dont put on too much too fast (10-12 lbs per year) and excercise then I would be okay.  One caveat to that, I'm already a really thin guy so 10-12 lbs would be 5-10% of my body weight.  So having said that if you keep your weight in that 5-10 % range and do some excercise (and yes walking is the best) you should be okay.  Also I am not a doctor so if you are concerned get a check up and BTW ground chicken fatties are good to and if i have to have one of those for every sausage fatty to counteract the fat I'm okay with that. 

Wow, talk about not having anything better to do with his time..

Do you have friends in common on FB or was he randomly looking at peoples' pages in the area?

I just had a doctor contact me on my FaceBook.  He is an aquaintance from this town but I really don't know him.

He asked me if I ate all that stuff that I put up on facebook, especially fatties, and I said yes.

He said that he looks at everything there as blockages. Super UGH.  Anyone else ever have a run-in with a doc with eating these treasures?

--ray--

(0||||0)
If he is not your doctor, tell him to go fly a kite. It's none of his business.

Last edited:
I just went to see my doctor last week. In our regular conversation about food, he said the obvious... poultry, fish, veggies, etc are good. Pork, beef, cheese in moderation. Fiber, lots of fiber. That's the key, since the fiber is the main escape route for cholesterol. Only thing he was upset about was my level had gone up to 142. Gotta load up on some fiber before my baby backs...
biggrin.gif

The last time I had to get new insurance, they came to my house & asked me who my family Dr was.

I said the Dr I had for about 10 years, died about 5 years ago, and I haven't been to any since.

He said, Who was your Dr before him?"

I told them he died too, after I was seeing him ever since I got out of the Army in 1971.

Who was your Dr before that?

Army Drs for 3 years!

And before that?

The guy that brought me into the world in 1949, but he's been dead a long time!

So two years ago, through a CTscan & an echocardiogram, I find out I was born with a bad valve, and a narrowed spot in my Aorta that has caused aneurysms. None of those Drs knew I had those problems, but I'm still alive & my Drs are all dead.

Go Figure !

Bear

He doesn't know your medical situation and history. Keep it in moderation and you're ok. Tell him to go fly a kite.

If he claims he does know your medical situation and/or history, tell him he's committing multiple HIPAA violations. He better STFU before all the lawyers in your friends list chime in.

cool.gif

Well I cook for a doctor that my wife works for and he's trying to get me to smoke things alittle more healthier. If I could only fine a recipe for tofu I would smoke it for the little runt. But I

ll tell you he sure scarfes it down when I bring it to the office. Go figure.

My Doc knows that I'm a meat smoker. She's from the moderation camp and is happy with my cholesterol levels and my A1C numbers. The only thing that she asks is that I bring in some pulled pork now and then. I'm trying to get her to let me pay my insurance co-pay with pulled pork but her office manager has issues with that. Whatever happend to the good old barter system?

My doc's good. When I first started going to him, he kept telling me I should give up cigarettes. Finally one day I went for my physical, blood pressure was good, cholesterol was good. BMI was good. I told him I had 2 smokes & a large cup of coffee prior. He just said, "screw it" you're doing fine so far. Then just rolled his eyes when I explained my eating habits.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky