9 1/2lb Pork Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meatsmokin

Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
Colorado
I prepped a 9 1/2 pound pork butt Thursday night, wrapped it up and put it in the fridge. Prepped the smoker yesterday morning and stuck it in at 9am, at 11pm it had finally reached 165 deg so I wrapped it and stuck it in the oven to finish. So here I sit at 7;45 in the morning still waiting...internal temp just hit 190 as i'm typing lol. Only 10-15 degrees to go. I'll post up a q-view as soon as I pull it out.

Ya sometimes you hit them stalls good luck and remember what they say
th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif
worthless.gif

Sittin at 199 right now, 26 hours in. Made some SoFlaQuers finishing sauce & Carolina mustard sauce while i was waiting. Crock pot has scratch baked beans simmering now. Now it's time to make some fresh cole slaw to put on top. I'll start taking some pics soon, be patient like the pork ;)

Sounding really good, I bet it will be well worth the wait. I sure hope the one I am doing today does not go anywhere near that long - I got a a10 lb butt , but deboned , laid it open,  and cut in  half ( butterflied), so have two probably around 4.5 lbs each or so.

Look forward to seeing the pics!!

Last edited:
holy cow...26 hrs and only at 199°, what temp are you cooking at...I would have to give up smoking if mine took that long....and I would be really grumpy from being up that long...the meal sounds fabulous...get some hawaiian rolls to put that butt on, slaw, finishing sauce, all equals scrumptious...

what part of CO you from?  Sitting here at work and feeling some hunger pains....

Last edited:
It's been in the oven at 250 since 11:00 last night. Just using cwb's this time. Can't get pics t upload from my iphone since the last update WTF I'm in Pueblo, CO

Last edited:
Have you checked you thermometers to see if they are working correct?

I have to say that finishing sauce is really good on it, thanks to SoFlaquer's for that recipe. I tasted a bit of the mustard sauce and that #@!#'s good too. Now if the beans would finish.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky