60 pounds of pork butt to day q view along the way

Discussion in 'Pork' started by 7outof10, Jun 24, 2008.

1. 7outof10

7outof10 Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

that is becouse i is not in the meat ......lol just they way the pic is it looks like it is .......i use that to tell me the smoker temp from my liveing room i smoker likes to change temp by its self so thats how i wach it really close

2. sweethanky

sweethanky Fire Starter

man the qview is looking good

3. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Go man, go! Gotta love all those butts!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

4. I wish I was doin' what you're doin' today! Those butts are looking good. Turn yer back while I steal one out of yer smoker.[​IMG]

5. 7outof10

im pissed i got called in to work for 2 hours so i just set it at 200 and have the wife watching it [​IMG][​IMG]:pDT_Armataz _01_05:[​IMG][​IMG]:icon _rolleyes:[​IMG][​IMG]:icon_roll eyes:[​IMG][​IMG]

6. 7outof10

well im back home now and its time to pull the first load of butts here are some pics they are at 165 i am raping them in foil and puting in the oven

and here is the next batch of butts geting reading ......drying them now

7. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looking good hey is that a fiber glass top patio table?

8. 7outof10

yes it is with like 30 cots of paint

9. 7outof10

well here are some more pics of the meat geting ready to go in

10. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

I have the twin to that table out on my pool deck they are great other than having to paint them. Looks like round two is gonna on shortly will be awaiting more great Qview

Careful I think the squirel is trying to steal some butt

11. 7outof10

yes i got him he is going to be round 3 ........but the other round is on the smoker now .....[​IMG]

12. shellbellc

shellbellc Master of the Pit OTBS Member

can't wait to see finished pics!! Looking good!

13. smokeywray

smokeywray Fire Starter

How many do you plan to feed with 7 butts or 60 lbs?

14. crockadale

crockadale Smoking Fanatic

How hard were those butts to catch with that ultra light spinning reel? I know you used the hammer to knock them out.

Looking good keep up the good work.

15. 7outof10

well it was tough but that rod is a med. light i use it for walleyes its a ice fishing rod .......and i hope to feed 200 or so or who ever shows up .....if any one lives around mankato mn come down to napa auto parts for some free pulled pork on Friday 11to 3

16. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

everything looks good, I don't know about raping with tin foil![​IMG] sounds painfull! LOL.

I would recomend you make up the sandwiches, because, 60 lbs of butts nets about 30-32 lbs of meat, and even at 1/4 lb per sammy is only 120 people, and most will want more than 1/4 lb. Thats what I have found anyways.

Keep the procession going, the pulling can be a pain in the .........back![​IMG]

17. 7outof10

wow i never thought about how much it would cook down that much .......humm maby i need to go and get more butt and do 3 rounds

18. 7outof10

so i will really lose all most half of my meat in the cooking ?

19. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

40-45% ain't unheard of... especially after pulling...fat is discarded.

20. bbqgoddess

bbqgoddess Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

7/10 amazing work on the butts...& the kitchen table....I hear squirrel tastes just like chicken...are ya adding the duck in too? not gonna add much more meat to your Napa party.....[​IMG]