6 Chops and steaks 3 toppings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Everyone is probably prepping for the big day tomorrow. Me just going to work after our long weekend up here.

So wife wanted pork chops for supper and her go to is with soya sauce...same as always for her . But that is what she loves

So I did up 4 chops and 2 center steaks, that's how some store pack them up here.

So 2 with Soya Sauce
2 with Sweet Thai Chili
2 with Sweet and Sour

DSC_5090.JPG

DSC_5100.JPG

DSC_5101.JPG

DSC_5104.JPG

Just about ready to come off, Monas finished and in the pan with more soya sauce, flip mine with more glaze.
Love the Sweet Thai Chili,
the sweet and sour , was a let down. Will make my own Sand S next time.

DSC_5102.JPG

Now onto the plates with some butter carrots, fried onions, mashed and gravy.

DSC_5105.JPG

DSC_5106.JPG

Now do down and do a little fishing before dark . And ready for work tomorrow

Thanks for looking

David

Those look fantastic David! Chops on the grill are really underrated. I’ve not seen the VM brand, Canadian company?Our boys both hated the shake and bake or baked in soup chops their mom used to do. I grilled them and they were sold.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Those are some fantastic looking pork chops . I always called the 2 different ones sirloin chops . Not saying that's right , but haven't seen those in years around here .
That's a my kind of plate . Nice work bud .

Those look fantastic David! Chops on the grill are really underrated. I’ve not seen the VM brand, Canadian company?Our boys both hated the shake and bake or baked in soup chops their mom used to do. I grilled them and they were sold.

Thanks Jeff for the comment

The sauce's are mostly pretty good , Sweet and Sour is a little bland, But love the different Thai flavors

Bottle says , bottled in Canada so not sure from where . vhsauces.com , but under the heading of " Conagra Brands " which I think is on your side of the boarder.
I like shake and bake once in a while. But and I mean this nicely. When Mona fries chops or what ever, we all know it is ready when her timer goes off. THE smoke alarm lol.

But grilled is my favorite

David

Those are some fantastic looking pork chops . I always called the 2 different ones sirloin chops . Not saying that's right , but haven't seen those in years around here .
That's a my kind of plate . Nice work bud .

Thanks Rich for the comment

Was a nice full supper.

On the packs up here they call it 4 rib chops and 2 Tenderloin chops. I just call it all gooood, lol

David

Looks delicious! You sure know what makes a great meal for a farm boy! And that's my kind of meal!

Ryan

Looks delicious! You sure know what makes a great meal for a farm boy! And that's my kind of meal!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the love and the comment

We really love chops/steaks . And Mona loves her butter with a little mashed potatoes, lol
and gravy and fresh carrots , now that is a full meal deal. Hard to beat for a quick and easy meal

David

Really good looking plate of goodies David. My neighbor just took a motorcycle ride to Canada the weekend before last and he brought me back a bottle of VH Medium Garlic Marinade. He loves the stuff. I haven't tried it yet but will soon.

Point for sure
Chris

Really good looking plate of goodies David. My neighbor just took a motorcycle ride to Canada the weekend before last and he brought me back a bottle of VH Medium Garlic Marinade. He loves the stuff. I haven't tried it yet but will soon.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

Yes good chops and sides.
As for the sauces and marinades by VH most of the ones I have tried are very good. The Sweet Thai Chili and the Spicy Thai Chili. And I have used the Pineapple Jerk quite a bit. I also blend with some of my own spices to change them up.
We almost always have their Soya Sauce on hand .

They brought out a lot of new flavors in the last year. I just picked this one up last week and hope to try this weekend General Tao , I see a Chinese meal coming on , lol

David
DSC_5113.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky