5th Annual Meat and Greet...Church Activity...with pics!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Went pretty well at the event. Only had 93 show because of bad weather and back to school weekend for colleges. My wife said good for a church activity. No ribs left about half a pan of pork and about 2 chicken breast and some dessert and sides. Lots were fed and pleased. On man said he is trying to learn to make ribs that good so I took as a compliment. All in all good times were had by all.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: drdon
Went pretty well at the event. Only had 93 show because of bad weather and back to school weekend for colleges. My wife said good for a church activity. No ribs left about half a pan of pork and about 2 chicken breast and some dessert and sides. Lots were fed and pleased. On man said he is trying to learn to make ribs that good so I took as a compliment. All in all good times were had by all.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

I’m glad to hear things went well for you.

Nice job Aaron the food looks great.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank you all for your nice words. I had a lot of fun but wore out when I was done!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

The chicken was outstanding there were only a couple pieces left. it was overshadowed by the ribs but people liked it thoroughly. The thing was to defrost the chicken in the buttermilk for about 24 hours. and then grill with citrus herb seasoning as screaming high heat(my make-shift vortex). YUM!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
I agree that peach jelly and nectar juice sounds tasty. I'm thinking a grape jelly replacement could show some promise too, maybe add a little more heat.
God bless you Aaron. Christ fed the multitudes, and so did you! Let us know when you do it again!

I agree that peach jelly and nectar juice sounds tasty. I'm thinking a grape jelly replacement could show some promise too, maybe add a little more heat.
God bless you Aaron. Christ fed the multitudes, and so did you! Let us know when you do it again!

This last year I moved so I'm in a new church-ward and different people. but they have heard about my skills and want me to cook for them. I am waiting for covid to clear to maybe July/August? this time though I think I would like to do a first responders BBQ for my church to hold an appreciation BBQ for fire/rescue/sheriffs of the county. plan on about 300 people. if I buy sams club prices I could do PP and ribs and chicken for that many at around $350! I love to cook for people and anyway I can be compared to the Son of Man is the highest compliment I could receive. Thank you!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: HalfSmoked
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky