• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

5th Annual Meat and Greet...Church Activity...with pics!

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 11, 2013
Went pretty well at the event. Only had 93 show because of bad weather and back to school weekend for colleges. My wife said good for a church activity. No ribs left about half a pan of pork and about 2 chicken breast and some dessert and sides. Lots were fed and pleased. On man said he is trying to learn to make ribs that good so I took as a compliment. All in all good times were had by all.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
Went pretty well at the event. Only had 93 show because of bad weather and back to school weekend for colleges. My wife said good for a church activity. No ribs left about half a pan of pork and about 2 chicken breast and some dessert and sides. Lots were fed and pleased. On man said he is trying to learn to make ribs that good so I took as a compliment. All in all good times were had by all.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

I’m glad to hear things went well for you.

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Awesome Aaron hope you bring those skills to the Pa gathering when you come.

Warren

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Nice job Aaron the food looks great.

Point for sure
Chris

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 11, 2013
Thank you all for your nice words. I had a lot of fun but wore out when I was done!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Nice cook! How was the buttermilk grilled chicken? I need to give that a try

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 11, 2013
The chicken was outstanding there were only a couple pieces left. it was overshadowed by the ribs but people liked it thoroughly. The thing was to defrost the chicken in the buttermilk for about 24 hours. and then grill with citrus herb seasoning as screaming high heat(my make-shift vortex). YUM!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.