5000 Liter animal recycler

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I threw some fire in it today and burnt about 50 kg of Oak. Temp outside was 30c (85-90F) With in 15 mins most of the pit was up to temp. (used a weed burner and a small bag of lump charcoal to start it. Pretty much clear to a little blue smoke out the stack the whole time. Temp difference from upper to lower temp gauges was nearly 100F, so I am going to try a few things later but not really too much you can do about that. Temp end to end were almost identical. I tried to shoot a video, but my crap phone camera wouldn't work in the sun. Up top near the firebox was the hottest. . I ran it up to 550F before tuning it down. I did not run any water in the deflector/water tray (no water at the shop). Saturday is the big day. I delivered it to the restaurant, so they can start promoting it. Saturday we have a Wagu brisket and ribs to test it out..
IMG-20171221-WA0011.jpg

We are not midgets. The guy on the left is 6' 6"
IMG-20171221-WA0029.jpg

Finally had a day off and helped the restaurant, showing them how it is done. Pulled pork, beef/pork ribs. Everything turned out great. Started the fire at mid day and was working my way through a big box of meat prepping the beef ribs when I discovered they had a huge pork shoulder hidden in there to cook. I am like "damm, we need to get this on right away for the guests at 9pm". Was about 2 pm before I got it on the smoker, so put it up top and gave it the 300 - 350F treatment most of the afternoon. Wrapped it later in the day and it came out perfect. Everyone was pleased and we are negotiating
IMG-20171222-WA0022.jpg
IMG-20171223-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20171223-WA0029.jpg
IMG-20171223-WA0030.jpg
IMG-20171223-WA0031.jpg
IMG-20171224-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20171224-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20171224-WA0009.jpg
with the restaurant to sell them the trailer.

Reactions: socalcooker
Did you check the temp variation from top to bottom, once meat was in the smoker ??? Thought maybe it might even out...

250lbs of meat doesn't make a dent inside this things. I will get with you in the next couple of days to discuss some ideas I have for it. Sorry i didn't get a pic of the deflector shield/water tray boiling away.

Yesterday was a good day for us...... not so much for the pigs :) Pork is great I have a good supplier. Some of it comes from Brazil, but I normally use Argentine pork

I made some internal change to regulate the temps last week.
This is from a taste testing I done on Saturday
IMG-20180114-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20180114-WA0014.jpg

Thanks guys. Takes a bit to get going, so I open the main doors until the fire is going well before closing them. Once it heats up this thing barely makes any smoke at all. Nearly invisible

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky