500 Gallon that has waited years to be finished

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
By looking at the video, they look to be roughly 80 degrees. A circle is 360 and a quarter of that is 90 degrees, the doors aren't quiet a 1/4 of a circle. Pi x Diameter will give you circumference. take that number and divide it by 360, that will equal 1 degree. You can then muitiply that number by the total degrees desired and you'll have the length you need. You will have to use a flat tape as well. Hopefully this makes some sense, if not PM me.

By looking at the video, they look to be roughly 80 degrees.

he wants to cut through the steel at a 45 so that he creates a beveled edge to seal the door rather than making a lip out of flat bar. He already sent me a msg asking the same. Explained why this wont work.

When you say no I do it to prove it can be done ..cleaner look ...my prefrence ..... appreciate the comment ....tho ....
I wasn't insulting, hope I didnt come off that way.

I think your problem will be that you lose too much material making the cut itself the door will fall through the hole. put your flatbar on the inside for the clean look you want?

That'll work...never thought bout that way ...I know most use flat bar round door .when in the 70's growing up my hot rod was a 70 opel gt ..candy red big n50 14 on rear Firestone in ft ...was a beautiful car ..mist had mustang's camaros chevelle...I was beating to my own drum ..been like that..appreciate the strap on the inner door.....I'll take pics when I get to it ..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky