4th Rib Attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richie

Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Southern Illinois
I smoked some BB ribs over the labor day weekend, it was my 4th try with my Cajun inj. electric smoker.  However it my was first attempt since joining SMF, and using some very good info I found on here!!  They turned out the best so far!

I removed the membranes and cleaned ribs, used a rub I got from the Neeleys on the food network website, and put them in the frig overnight.   In the morning I spritzed them with apple cider and used apple juice in the pan.  I used the 2-2-1 method at 225 degrees, with hickory wood chips, spritzing between cooking periods. I added Sweet baby rays bbq sauce last half hour of smoking. They turned out very good, tender and smokey but I would like them to fall off the bone (effortlessly pull bones out) I don't  think I want the competition snap.  

My ribs came from the grocery store, were vacuum sealed, looked great, and were on sale. lol

Any help to perfect my ribs would be greatly appreciated!!   Would 2-3-1/2 for sauce work?

Thanks

Richie

Glad you're improving.

3-2-1 would improve tenderness, yet in the cajun injector won't exactly be fall off the bone.  Replacing the foil with oven bags will.

Leave them in the foil longer and put them back on the smoker for less time and you will have fall off the bone ribs. Maybe like a 2--2.5--.5 would do the trick. Experimentation is the key. If you do more than one rack of ribs at a time then try different amounts of time until you get what you are looking for in texture.

icon_cool.gif

After all the 3-2-1 and the 2-2-1 is just a starting point. You need to make them a couple of times and then change it to fit your liking. I do my spares (my favorite) with the 3-1 1/4-1/2 -1 depending on the thickness of the ribs. I like alittle pull to them. Thats alittle pull to get them off the bone. I don't like the pick them up and bones falling out of them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky