4th of July...whats everyone doing?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well being here in Panama City....we tend to stay away from the roads cause the tourists & college kids wear us out. Me & Louie may go up the Econfina Creek & cool down. May just eat a ol grilled hot dog! Or may go put the crab traps in & do them. Tooo hot here! Still thinkin!

I am having a seafood feast on Saturday...25 lbs of King Crab Legs, 20 Dozen Clams & Oysters & Muscles (use 5 turkey deep fryers to steam everything up), going to smoke up some corn & baked beans..I will post some pics of this gynormous feast.

Sunday - going to smoke up some ribs & fatties.

Going to Wildwood Crest beach in NJ. Going to be smoking a bunch of ribs and drinking all day.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Burgers/dogs/potato salad/fireworks/etc

seafood feast....? mercy...! Ill say you are.

cant wait for the pics.

I think there is another 4th of July thread somewhere else, but Ill contribute to this one as well.

Hoping to get the 3rd off, well see on that.

The 4th having about 20 people over, Gonna fire up the WSM, the chargriller offset, and the Weber kettle. Gonna smoke some K.C. spares, some ABT's, & some Baked beans with twice smoked kilbasa. ALso gonna grill some sweet corn in the husk

On the stove I am going to braise a pork shoulder, and make some carnitas, served with corn tortillas, red onion, & cilantro. I will also make some salsa verde with some grilled tomatillos, grilled jalapenos, grilled garlic, and grilled onion.

also lots of beer and tequila will flow.

I will be painting the upstairs of my house while drinking a few cold ones. I will also have the UDS loaded up with something. Stop on by!

The man gave me tomorrow off.. gotta love 3-day weeekends..
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

changed up the menu as some of my out of town guests had a change of plan. So only 6 people coming out...

Menu for the 4th:

- going to get a few 2" - 3" slabs of sirloin steak from the local butcher, and am going to grill them up on the Weber Kettle(rare)

- smoking a few #'s of rib tips on the WSM

- smoking a batch of ABT's, still thinking of what filler I will use

- grilling some sweet corn in the husk, serving with smoked heads of garlic

- making a mango salsa with tomato, avocado, and jalapeno

- making homemade macaroni salad, using a recipe from the bbq book Low and Slow

- making a fromscratch banana pudding tomorrow so it can set up in the fridge for the 4th, using a recipe from the bbq book Low and Slow.

- lots o' beer, and tequila

Sunday I have a pork roast I will probably smoke as well.

Let's see, tonight I'm detailing Lucile for a car show. Tomorrow I'm working, tomorrow night I'm meeting the family for a picnic and fireworks. Saturday morning, I'm taking Lucile to the car show, in the afternoon Ma and me are going cruising in Lucile then it's steaks on the grill and more fireworks. Sunday morning I'm working and then doing a car show Sunday afternoon. I'm off all next week but I know I'm doing brisket and beans next weekend for the youngest son and the son-in-laws birthday. And maybe a car show.

Hey everyone. Were heading up to Montana to the Arlee powwow and then heading up to Glacier National Park. Cant wait to get out of Salt Lake for a few days. I wish everybody a happy, healthy, safe 4TH!!

Reek

Well the decision has been made as I went and got everything yesterday. It will be two Tri Tips, three racks of BB's, Dutch's Beans, Sausage Links, Potato Salad, Corn Bread with honey butter, margarita's made with Don Julio Tequila and of course friends, family and fireworks!!

And I almost forgot Jeff's Rub, Jeff's BBQ Sauce, Rasberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce and the famous SoFlaQuer's Carolina Mustard Sauce. I made all of these up last night so they can sit for a couple of days and get even better!!

Happy 4th and stay safe!!

Going to the Lake of the Ozarks to a friends place and I'm going to smoke up a pork loin for Saturday. So it's goin to be BEER-BBQ- and BOOMERS. Yall have a happy and safe fourth. Happy Smokin!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

In true SMF fashion, I am hosting a 4th of July party with another member (Fired Up) on Saturday.

We're doing:
33lbs of Boston Butt
2 pans of mac and cheese
Hot Dogs
ABTs (if I can find some jalapenos)
A fattie or 2 (If we have room in the smoker)

Should be a good 'ole time. We're even having someone from England over just to show there's no hard feelings...
biggrin.gif

i am cooking tomorrow for the 4th...

a loin for a friend and his family for the 4th

for us..ribs,beef sausages,corn bread muffins and not sure what else

my wife has to work this weekend (yep, it sucks) but she will be off relatively early in the afternoons - the only thing i know for sure that we will be doing is some spares.

We're staying home. My 90 yr old Aunt is coming over. I'm making Wisconsin beer/tub Brats on the grill. I'd rather smoke a butt, but the Brats are for my Aunt. That's it. Just sit around visiting, and I intend to suck some suds while I'm at it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky