• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

4th of July...whats everyone doing?

lisacsco

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 30, 2007
We are gonna smoke some ribs. Make macaroni salad, deviled eggs, baked beans and homemade ice cream for dessert.

pics to follow!

cajunsmoke13

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 7, 2008
Working,,that bites...Off at 2 though, so still have time to smoke something...Boudin, sausage, burgers, abt's...something fast and good.

garyt

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 6, 2007
Baby backs, Dutch's baked beans abd a whole lot of abt's

morkdach

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 8, 2007
We are gonna smoke some ribs. Make macaroni salad, deviled eggs, baked beans and peach dump cobbler for dessert. wow so close
icon_biggrin.gif
oh yea & abt's on side

bigsteve

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 15, 2009
Just found out that I don't have to work after all. No plans yet. We will likely be home. July 4th tends to scream for grilled food, so I may do some beer butt chicken, burgers and dogs.

rivet

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 25, 2008
Still up in the air, but definitely smoked SPAM at this point using COWGIRLS bloomin' spam idea.

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2008
Hopefully getting the heck out of town for a couple of days. So could be anything. But surely something somebody else has cooked.
icon_razz.gif

killbuck

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 7, 2007
Gonna be home alone but I got 2 T-Bone steaks in the freezer. One for me...one for my dog. Since he also eats baked taters I guess I'll toss on two of those. LOL

oregonsmoker

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 3, 2007
I haven't decided yet but for sure some of Dutch's Beans and macaroni salad. I am thinking about smoking some BB's and Trip Tip but I was kicking around the idea of maybe doing some butts or a pork loin. Decisions, decisions.....!!

mcmelik

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 28, 2009
Camping is in order for me. Planning on an apple brined turkey. Maybe a couple of fatties. Other then that consuming mass quantities of alcohal and laying back and relaxing. What could be more American then that

rondiaz

Fire Starter
Joined May 20, 2009
I haven't decided yet, I am thinking ribs right now, and some sort of appetizers, maybe make up some slaw and pasta salad, and perhaps dutch's Wiked beans they were real good last time. Maybe toss in some brats with the ribs.

For drinks, not sure either. Icy cold Schlitz is always good but I was thinking about making a pitcher of Sangria or perhaps some Long Island Iced Teas or something else summery.

trashcan

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 10, 2009
Just broke up about two weeks ago so...

Sleeping in, being broke, depressed and alone.

Untill the food's done, then

Eating ribs, being broke, content and alone
icon_mrgreen.gif

After three years I'm diggin the single life!

oldschoolbbq

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 16, 2008
I'll be doing 2 Briskets,2 Pork Butts, 5-4 dozen ABT's, a Bag of Moinks,some fruit(grilled),Mac&cheese,Peach cobbler,Pinto Beans/burnt ends,some Green Chile for topping sammies, Brats,Polish Sausage and drinks.

Flo will be busy,I'll be PROUD
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

have a great 4th and
SMOKE HAPPY
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Stan aka Old School BBQ

papad

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 7, 2009
Working Friday night, sleeping most of the day Saturday, working all Saturday night. Boy, I miss a lot of holidays unless they fall on my day off.
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

gatorcamper

Joined Feb 4, 2009
My wife and I will be camping near Gatlinburg Tn with friends of ours from Ohio. I plan to smoke a 10 lb London Broil Roast. Also, I'll be doing a DO of Dutch's Wicked Backed Beans and a DO of Peach Cobbler. I'll be sure to post some Pics on the forum when I get home. Lets all be so thankful that we are so blessed to live in the greatest nation on this planet. Happy Birthday America.

irishteabear

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 22, 2008
Not sure about what I'm smoking yet. The sports complex a couple of blocks away from me has a big fireworks display that we can walk to go see.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.