4th of JULY!!! What are you SMOKING???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NorCal Dave

Original poster
Jun 1, 2018
I plan on a beef brisket packer (making burnt ends with the point) with homemade potato salad, baked beans, and corn on the cob. What are your plans????

Last edited:
Baby back ribs, burgers, hashbrown casserole, Mac'n'cheese and that's as far as I've gotten.

I made Corn Dip last night for today and it was so good I had some for breakfast. Here's the recipe,
Screenshot_2018-07-01-23-27-33_1.jpg

Credit: http://www.deepsouthdish.com/2014/08/cold-corn-dip.html#axzz5IeHZC67r

Reactions: NorCal Dave
Reactions: KrisUpInSmoke
I’m going to try Jeff’s Dr. Cherry Pepper pulled pork tomorrow. That way I can enjoy it on the 4th with some burgers and dogs.

Thanks for the Deep Dish South website. A lot of good looking stuff, I bookmarked it.

Plan on smoking up a 8lb pork butt.
Picked up an injector and can't wait to try it out on this.

You're gonna love it. Been smoking butts a few weeks for daughters grad party this Sat and really like the effect I am getting injecting. Don't go crazy and inject a bunch of acidic stuff like vinegar or it will turn to mush.

Baby backs for us. Rub and pellicle tonight, smoke tom, sauce and grill on the 4th. Daughters grad party is Sat the 7th where I will be serving among other things 8 butts that I've been smoking over the last few weeks. One more to go!

Keeping it simple, bone-in rib steaks and wings. The mrs. Will be making potato salad and cole slaw.
Apricot tart for dessert. And of course cold beer and a nice California cab.

You're gonna love it. Been smoking butts a few weeks for daughters grad party this Sat and really like the effect I am getting injecting. Don't go crazy and inject a bunch of acidic stuff like vinegar or it will turn to mush.

Thanks for the advice. I did up a 8lb Dr. Cherry pepper shoulder and it turned out really good. It was the best pulled pork I've made so far. Everyone that tried it, gave me a thumbs up.

I try and remind folks that the main effect you are getting from injecting soda is the phosphate in the soda. It retains moisture and in my opinion works really well for PP.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky