• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

4th of July Beer Can Chicken

kanealmond

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 18, 2013
Hey all, been a long time since I posted. Got a new charcoal vertical offset smoker about a month ago, and I'm trying it out for the first time today. I say I'm doing beer can chicken, but I actually just place my chickens on the beer can holders you find at Lowe's because I think they cook well on them. I'm not much for wasting good beer! Anyway, I brined the two whole birds for 24 hours in a basic chicken brine, and rubbed down with some olive oil and Weber Kick'n Chicken seasoning this morning. They've been coasting at 240 for about an hour now and starting to smell delicious. I'm also going to throw some sausage and ABT's on later.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Hey all, been a long time since I posted. Got a new charcoal vertical offset smoker about a month ago, and I'm trying it out for the first time today. I say I'm doing beer can chicken, but I actually just place my chickens on the beer can holders you find at Lowe's because I think they cook well on them. I'm not much for wasting good beer! Anyway, I brined the two whole birds for 24 hours in a basic chicken brine, and rubbed down with some olive oil and Weber Kick'n Chicken seasoning this morning. They've been coasting at 240 for about an hour now and starting to smell delicious. I'm also going to throw some sausage and ABT's on later.
Kane really now waste beer,lite beer was made for cooking. Looks good show it when it is done

Richie

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks excellent!!

Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.