4PoGo7's First Pulled Pork, and First Q-View Post

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Once I get my AMNPS that should help with getting better smoke for longer. The brown sugar was my own spin on your step by step. It wasn't bad and I only really noticed it when eating a piece with some bark on it. My thought was that it would help with the bark, but I don't think I needed it. 

Just have to do another one to practice.....oh darn lol
th_wsmsmile0ly.gif

Any thoughts on what I could add when I foil it instead of apple juice? As I mentioned before we didn't use the foiling juice/drippings for au jus because it was sweeter than we wanted, kind of like adding brown sugar. We decided we wanted something more savory than sweet. Thanks Bear
I'm thinking some of that sweet flavor you got was still the Brown Sugar, because when I do it the Pork Juices in the foil overpower the Apple Juice. Maybe just cut down on the amount of Apple juice.

If it's still too sweet, try beer???

Bear

Bear, I will have to try it again without the BS and see how it is. Then I will go from there. Don't want to change too many things at once and not be able to ID the culprit. Thanks!

Bear, I will have to try it again without the BS and see how it is. Then I will go from there. Don't want to change too many things at once and not be able to ID the culprit. Thanks!
Tom Bear has you pretty much covered, sorry I am so late to the party. I have been using Turbinado Cane Sugar in place of the BS. I use a coffee grinder to make it a little finer for the rub.The meal looks great congrats.

Richie

points.gif

Tom Bear has you pretty much covered, sorry I am so late to the party. I have been using Turbinado Cane Sugar in place of the BS. I use a coffee grinder to make it a little finer for the rub.The meal looks great congrats.

Richie

points.gif
Thank you Richie!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky