$44,000 Smoker. Probably Sucks.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You do put logs and splits into this thing. The gas helps in lighting and maintaining that "firebox". The rest goes into maintaining the temp automatically which frees up time for doing other aspects of the restaurant business. The rotisserie makes loading/unloading easy and helps product uniformity.

Maybe an old-time pit boss and offset can do better. But consistency is always a problem when your business model is based solely on employee expertise. To say nothing of scale-up and growing your business.
I realize I was being a bit of a jerk there. I live in Texas so there's no shortage of barbecue cooked in offsets. I've had very good food cooked in Bewley pits and other all wood fired rotisseriess like M&M smokers. They have thermostatic controls. I think I'd that route before going with gas-fired but I'm never in a million years opening a restaurant.

Reactions: bill1 and JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky