• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

430 am 1st time brisket

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Sounds like fun . Not sure where your at in Illinois , 14 degrees here this morning .
Good luck .

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks like a good start!
Al

lpbg

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 28, 2017
Good for you! What's the game plan?
Tossed it on my 22" wsm at 430 royal oak and apple wood chunks also threw 2 pork butts on at about 530 for a buddy bday party tonight.
Going to wrap in butcher paper once I get a good bark

lpbg

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 28, 2017
Sounds like fun . Not sure where your at in Illinois , 14 degrees here this morning .
Good luck .
Tinley park here, so it was about the same for me a lil chilly but not to bad glad I dont have to much wind or rain to deal with today

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Whoa, a brisky and two butts, that's a real undertaking! Gonna be a long day, sounds great. RAY

lpbg

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 28, 2017
Coming along nicely 155 at about 5 hours going to wrap in a little bit....Bootys are doin there thing. Running a little lower than I wanted 210-250 but I am pleased with everything so far...dumped ashes and refilled with just one lit chimney and fired up another to throw on when ready.

Attachments

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Oh man, pig fat dripping down onto that brisket, it's a beautiful thing! RAY

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Turned out to be great weather. Looks good !

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.