40oz Prime ribeye cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

j0hn

Original poster
Jul 13, 2017
New Jersey
Hey fellas,

New to the site but wanted to share some pictures of my most recent cook as those are typically the threads that I enjoy most.

Asked the butcher to custom cut an extra thick ribeye, using the width of an iPhone as a frame of reference, and then adding half an inch. After I cooked it sous vide @ 120 degrees and seared it to hades over some hot coals on my kettle.

Typically I would cook sous vide and then sear on cast iron plus a torch(searzall). Searing over coals was far superior and much faster. My new favorite method.

Here are some shots.

Mission accomplished! Looks perfect and thanks for making me drool like an infant!   
drool.gif

That's the way a steak should look!! Can only get mine to come out looking like that about 80% of the time.

Guess I'll have to cook a few more steaks.

Dale

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky