40 lbs of Hindquarters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ishi

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 30, 2018
While getting groceries Saturday night chicken hindquarters were on sale for .69 cents a lb so I had the fella wrap up three to put on the pellet grill.
After he wrapped them he ask “would you like a 40 lb box for 20$“ my reply was how fast can you put them in the cart. Once home I vacuum sealed and froze 2-3 hindquarters per bag for many great meals to come. Potatoes, onions, and peppers were cut up and wrapped in foil to cook along with the chicken. Easy meal but so good
0B36EDDC-8BC0-437E-A71D-6740C0D6C753.jpeg
F25819C1-78AC-4DDD-96C3-5C18C7CCEB74.jpeg
CFA46A9F-21BA-4F95-AAD0-84E8BDCFDD65.jpeg

That is some really good looking chicken, and congrats on the nice score, that's awesome!

Reactions: Ishi
That's an awesome buy! And a great looking meal! Nice job

Ryan

Nice buyers deal there. We did the same from or local butcher shop. Nothing like some good chicken cooked in the smoker. A great looking plate.

Warren

That is some really good looking chicken, and congrats on the nice score, that's awesome!
Thanks I appreciate it
Looks great! Excellent deal too. Enjoy.

Mike
Icouldn’t pass it up
Sweet deal, enjoy! RAY
Thanks Sir
That's an awesome buy! And a great looking meal! Nice job

Ryan
Thanks
Great deal there. And the bird looks great!
Thank you and yes many more great meals to come on the bundle.
Nice buyers deal there. We did the same from or local butcher shop. Nothing like some good chicken cooked in the smoker. A great looking plate.

Warren
Thank Warren these deals it’s hard to say no to!

You should be sitting in jail right now....

--Nice--
I know :emoji_sunglasses:
While I was at the meat counter the guy also asked if I would take a 40 lb box of boneless chicken breast for 40$...... I’m really regretting that now for not taking a box

Never thought to ask...what store did you get the chicken from?

Ryan

Fareway meat and groceries. They are Iowa based but they are branching out to the surrounding states some. There meat counter is huge. I should take some pictures sometime.

I knew you were from iowa, that's what got me to thinking about it. They have an awesome meat counter, at least for the stores we have. I've heard later Saturday's is a good time to go shopping, need to empty out meat counter to be cleaned and then refilled for Monday morning.

Ryan

Looks great, butt was expecting to see deer meat as that's what deer hams are called around here, those are called leg 1/4's lol. still taste great either way

Looks great, butt was expecting to see deer meat as that's what deer hams are called around here, those are called leg 1/4's lol. still taste great either way
It’s interesting how different parts of the country identity some cuts of meat.
Hopefully I’ll have venison this fall I found some different recipes to try.

Nice score man! The leg quarters look great! Went to the store yesterday and beef was outrageous but got several packs of chicken on manager clearance. Seems like there is no shortage there!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky