40+ Block Cheese Extravaganza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've never smoked farmers cheese. Its not crazy common around here. Although this year I plan to attempt to smoke some goat and feta cheese to see how it turns out.
My dad asked if I can smoke goat cheese..he's crazy about it..and I gotta go about 25 mins away to buy farmer's cheese. Not a cheese you find at normal stores here, but I'm in WI...you can't drive 30 mins with out some kinda cheese outlet ;)

Not done with summer yet but that really gets me looking forward to cold smoking this fall!

I know it! I've already been stocking up on cheese I find on manager clearance. Got about 18 blocks so far vacuum sealed and just ready for colder weather and smoke! Plus I'm running low on the cabot hot habanero and cheddar...seems to be the favorites around here.

Reactions: oddegan
My dad asked if I can smoke goat cheese..he's crazy about it..and I gotta go about 25 mins away to buy farmer's cheese. Not a cheese you find at normal stores here, but I'm in WI...you can't drive 30 mins with out some kinda cheese outlet ;)

I'm jealous I bet you get all kinds of amazing cheeses up there!

Wow that is some great looking cheese!!!! That is beautiful..... I am looking forward to doing some myself, Just waiting for the time. Definite point on that.

Here is my haul so far. I've been picking up blocks on clearance whenever I can find them at the grocery. All vac sealed just waiting on cooler weather and some smoke!
Cheese11.jpg

Just curious why are you vacuum sealing them prior to smoking?

Chris

Nice haul btw.

Just curious why are you vacuum sealing them prior to smoking?

Chris

Nice haul btw.

I am just sealing them up until the weather gets cooler and I can smoke them. They are "out of date" and a couple had started growing mold on them due to bad seals.

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky