4 salumi, CB, Italian Sausage "Meat Lovers Delux" Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
So, I had about 2 cups of marinara leftover from the meatball spaghetti I made recently. Since the sauce is homemade, I try my best not to waste it...I put a lot of time into making it. Time for pizza!
First- I made the pizza dough and made the 2 dough balls for the thin crust pizzas...left them to sit on the counter for 2 hours.

I found 5 jalapenos left on my plants in the garden. They were hanging low in the protection of the leaves...not frost bit. So I picked those for the pizza.
Next, I roasted a large red bell pepper with my new kitchen torch (new toy to play with), then I put the pepper in a walmart bag to sweat and steam. I put 2 pods of garlic in the oven to roast. Then I put the 1# of homemade Calabrian Italian sausage in a skillet to brown. When that was done, I caramelized 1/2 a Spanish Yellow onion in the rendered sausage fat. Somewhere along in the process, I sliced the salumi; The remainder of the venison breasola, Calabrian Soppressata, Milano, and the recently dried Napolitana Dolce. I also used some cajun spiced canadian bacon.
IMG_20210208_170648.jpg

Italian sausage:
IMG_20210208_170723.jpg

Next- prep the veggies:
IMG_20210208_170705.jpg

Caramelized onions
IMG_20210208_170710.jpg

Now the Build...

The pizza dough:
IMG_20210208_170738.jpg

roll that out and place on my clay plate, add homemade sauce and some parmesan cheese:
IMG_20210208_170745.jpg

Then Calabrian Italian fresh sausage:
IMG_20210208_170949.jpg

Caramelized onion and CB
IMG_20210208_171345.jpg

Milano and Calabrian soppressata salami
IMG_20210208_171634.jpg

More Parmesan cheese, Napolitana salami, roasted garlic
IMG_20210208_171844.jpg

Then the venison breasola, jalapenos, roasted red belle pepper, and a lot of mozzarella cheese on top.
IMG_20210208_172402.jpg

Thick!!!
IMG_20210208_172532.jpg

Inda oven for about 30 minutes..
IMG_20210208_175808.jpg

And done!
IMG_20210208_180232.jpg

I had 2 dough balls.. ended up making two pizzas the same. each one weighs about 3#.....my kinda pizza!

Last edited:
I see a lot more porky pig pizzas in your future sir! That is my kinda pizzzzzaaa! Big LIKE

Keith, that looks absolutely astonishing!! What a mountain of marvelous pizza buddy....and no doubt all the meats were made by you. That had to put the whole thing WAY over the top. Excellent job sir.

Robert

those look excellent!

Jim
Thanks Jim!

Those pizzas are right up my alley. Amazing ingredients. Looks delicious bud
Thanks Jake! Didn't last long...it's all gone!

Man nice pizzas
Thanks Adam.

Your work is a labor of love and of beauty! I didn't need to go past the first picture of the beautiful meat you made to be impressed! Thanks for the presentation! As my secretary always told me - "You Done Good?!"🍻
Thanks Wurst.
That is what we call a meat lovers special. Looks mighty tasty.
Thanks kruizer.

I see a lot more porky pig pizzas in your future sir! That is my kinda pizzzzzaaa! Big LIKE
Thanks jmusser. I will be making more pizzas in the future.

Keith, that looks absolutely astonishing!! What a mountain of marvelous pizza buddy....and no doubt all the meats were made by you. That had to put the whole thing WAY over the top. Excellent job sir.

Robert
Thanks Robert, yes all the meats were homemade.
For the two pies I used 16oz. fresh Italian sausage
10oz. C.B.
4oz. leftover venison breasola
12 oz. Milano
10oz. Napolitana
6oz. Calabrian soppressata

1# of cheese per pie....i did not make the cheese, but it's on my list....

Did you know it was National Pizza Day or was it a coincidence? Excellent celebration either way.

Holy cow. That is a meat lovers pizza if I’ve ever seen one. It’s like a charcuterie board made on pizza dough and baked to perfection. Great job!!!

Definitely a meat lovers for sure! Looks great! And definitely filling

Ryan

That's my kind of pizza, a beautiful piece of work! I use about the same amount of my sausage and CB on pizza as you. Care to share your dough recipe? I've used a half dozen different dough recipes over the years and am still searching. RAY

Thin crust pizza dough
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 TBSP. olive oil
3/4 cup luke warm water

Combine dry ingredients with a whisk. Add oil then water. fold until combined. knead 5-8 minutes until dough stiffens and just before it cracks when folding. Make a ball, then divide into two balls. Cover with moist towel, let rest 2 hours minimum. Each dough ball will make 1 14" thin crust pizza.

Reactions: sawhorseray
That dough will be more dense than one that has yeast. Will have to stretch good, but only after resting for minimum of 2 hours or it'll tear.

Thin crust pizza dough
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 TBSP. olive oil
3/4 cup luke warm water

Combine dry ingredients with a whisk. Add oil then water. fold until combined. knead 5-8 minutes until dough stiffens and just before it cracks when folding. Make a ball, then divide into two balls. Cover with moist towel, let rest 2 hours minimum. Each dough ball will make 1 14" thin crust pizza.

Thanks a ton, I've got it copied and will give it a go later this week. It's a very similar recipe to one I found and use from Food Network. RAY

More pizzas on deck tonight...pics. later. Gonna make 4 pizzas this time.

Ingredients:
Homemade thin crust pizza dough (enough for 4 - 14" pizzas)

2# Calabrian Italian Fresh Sausage
1# Canadian Bacon
1# Salccica Napalitana Dolce
20 oz. Milano Salami
20 oz. Goose Pepperoni
20 oz. Calabrian Sopressata

Caramelized onion
Roasted red bell pepper
Roasted Garlic
Pickled Pepperocinos

4# Mozzarella Cheese
2# grated Parmesan Cheese
Calabrian hot pepper flakes to taste

More pizzas on deck tonight...pics. later. Gonna make 4 pizzas this time.

Ingredients:
Homemade thin crust pizza dough (enough for 4 - 14" pizzas)

2# Calabrian Italian Fresh Sausage
1# Canadian Bacon
1# Salccica Napalitana Dolce
20 oz. Milano Salami
20 oz. Goose Pepperoni
20 oz. Calabrian Sopressata

Caramelized onion
Roasted red bell pepper
Roasted Garlic
Pickled Pepperocinos

4# Mozzarella Cheese
2# grated Parmesan Cheese
Calabrian hot pepper flakes to taste
What time we eating? I'll bring beer/wine.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky