4 Day Build, Rolled Pork Belly Char Siu Burgers, Lime Mango Cuke Ribbon Fresh Salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow Ryan that is pretty heavy.

Friggin Canada , always trying to ruin something lol
I wonder if this is GaryHibbert GaryHibbert 's fault ( sorry Gary I hope you guys are still safe ) .

David

We seem to be sitting pretty good right now. The 2 fires that were threatening us are under controll and pretty much out--touch wood.
But I worked about 45 miles west all day today and the smoke looked just about like that.
Gary

We seem to be sitting pretty good right now. The 2 fires that were threatening us are under controll and pretty much out--touch wood.
But I worked about 45 miles west all day today and the smoke looked just about like that.
Gary

Thats good news Gary. But still burning and a problem in some areas.
You guys need some heavy rain for a couple days

David

Reactions: GaryHibbert
4 Day Build, Rolled Pork Belly Char Siu Burgers, Lime Mango Cuke Ribbon Fresh Salad

Wanted to make some kind of burger after seeing all the great burgers lately. So off to the market to get a skin on 2 pound pork belly.
Did not know I had to order that special, as they always now remove the skin and only around 1+ pounds.
So that is what I had to build from ( next time i will order before hand. )

Scored the belly on both sides and coated with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of Brown sugar on both sides slits. On the inside I also added green onions sliced.
Rolled it up and tied it tight. Than off to the fridge for the first 24 hours

View attachment 665687 View attachment 665688
View attachment 665689 View attachment 665690

Out of the fridge and wait for the smoker to get up to 275 with Cherry chips and chunks. The temp bounced around 275/285 for 3 1/2 hours until probe tender. it came up to 191 deg. while resting on counter.
Than off to the fridge for another 24 hours ( it will slice a lot better once chilled ) And yes I had to slice an end off for quality control, and MMMmmmm good.

View attachment 665691 View attachment 665693

You can see the fat boiling out

View attachment 665695 View attachment 665696

So next day sliced it up 1/2" slices ( really wish it was a bigger belly so it would only need 1 slice per burger ). Made my Char Siu sauce/marinade and put 1/3 in the bag with the slices and the rest in a bottle until time to boil, thicken for the glaze at BBQ time. Off to the fridge for another 24 hours for the meat to soak up some of the marinade

View attachment 665697 View attachment 665699 View attachment 665700
View attachment 665701

OK now today I get to eat , this was a 4 day tease for sure. Heat up the Q to 450 deg. and put the slices on while the sauce thickens. Flip the slices and coat each side a few times . Toast the buns.

These things are like tender candy i had to have 1 while they sizzled on the Q.

View attachment 665703
View attachment 665704

Got the salad ready, diced green and red peppers , mangos and red onions, did some ribbon cukes and fresh limes and juice.
Layer of sauce on my bottom bun, big slice of red onion and couple big tomato slices , 2 1/2 pieces of the belly plus more Char Siu sauce .
Oh My God this is good
View attachment 665706

View attachment 665707

Mona only wanted Baby spinach and tomato on hers , oh well that's what she wanted.

View attachment 665708 View attachment 665709

Now here is a bite picture , it is the Guy Fieri hunch and than in for the kill, a 2 bite, bite. lol

View attachment 665685

Well folks , it was worth the 4 day wait, like I said next time I will order my belly the way I want it .

Hope you enjoyed the long post

Thanks for making to the end

Have a great day

David
OMMMGGGG!!! That is Amazing looking!!! What an incredible meal!! You have some culinary Talent for sure!!

Sean

Reactions: DRKsmoking
OMMMGGGG!!! That is Amazing looking!!! What an incredible meal!! You have some culinary Talent for sure!!

Sean

Thanks Sean for the like and the comment

Very nice of you to say, It was I must say a very tasty burger and it was worth the work / time to do.
I really like the Char Siu on things and the salad was refreshing also

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky