4 big Prime Briskets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
Pulled an all-nighter for a few clients Friday night. Prime brisket was on the menu. Since it was a late night cook, and after the work week I had, I didn’t get too many pics but here’s the jist.
I just had a bunch of hickory delivered. It’s so frustrating having wood delivered not properly seasoned. I hate complaining because it was some pretty hickory; but it hissed and sizzled all night long. I was worried the meat might suffer. A192C941-0583-4DAB-8594-EB238A968A06.jpeg
Fortunately the meat did not suffer at all. As much thick smoke as I saw coming out of the stack all night, I just knew it would be bitter. Those Langs draft like a champ.
6B5AFAF1-6BF5-4896-83E1-51B14DFCD73D.jpeg
I ran out of my usual rub, oak ridge black ops. So this go round I used Chupacabra brisket magic. Altons rubs never disappoint, and this was no different.
63B5701B-79EB-4ECB-9624-C581AFD8E454.jpeg
I ran between 235-250 all night. Wrapped when bark was set how I like, then probed for tenderness and temp the rest of the way. All in all the cook took right at 11 hours.
3E21046A-6AF5-4838-86AA-F2EBA85466A5.jpeg
I got a little impatient with this guy. Not quite set in the middle but it was still tasty (we kept one for the house).
ABC55EC3-F52C-4589-AD54-D8E34AA833EF.jpeg
I love brisket. Now for leftovers. The best part!

Attachments

• 0F7137BF-7F02-4289-A5FF-D9360BCC9CA8.jpeg
    0F7137BF-7F02-4289-A5FF-D9360BCC9CA8.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 45
Not quite sure how a picture of quartz ended up in there, but I guess it’s appropriate considering that’s where I’ve been spending all my time lately.

Looks awesome!! Should be some happy clients. I’m still learning my Lang but I have used a fair amount of semi green oak mixed in with seasoned cherry. I can hear it sizzle a little but has worked out great for flavor. I have been loading up the warming box with the greener stuff to use towards the end.

Reactions: 73saint
Looks good!
Thanks Peachy!
Nice piece of work, Like! RAY
Thank you Ray!
Looks fantastic!
Thanks Jim!
Wow nice job where's my plate?

Warren
Lol. Thanks Warren!
Nicely done !
Thanks winter!
Looks great , nice cook .
Thanks chop!
Looks awesome!! Should be some happy clients. I’m still learning my Lang but I have used a fair amount of semi green oak mixed in with seasoned cherry. I can hear it sizzle a little but has worked out great for flavor. I have been loading up the warming box with the greener stuff to use towards the end.
Thanks jcam. Yeah I normally warm my splits in the warmer. But these splits were so huge I was spending all of my free time using the dang kindling cracker. Thank goodness for that tool, otherwise I would have been screwed!

Reactions: jcam222
That is some good looking brisket!
I would love to have a stack of wood like that!
But don’t have the room for even 1/4 of that!
Have to get my wood as needed. I probably would have a months supply if my storage was full to the top.
Al

Awesome looking briskets! Glad to see you back cooking stuff.

Kindling cracker? Is that some special tool I don't know about or just a nickname for an ax?
I have one too, haven’t used it yet as my first load of wood was split down to Coke can circumference. Will use a lot on loads of wood I have coming.

Pulled an all-nighter for a few clients Friday night. Prime brisket was on the menu. Since it was a late night cook, and after the work week I had, I didn’t get too many pics but here’s the jist.
I just had a bunch of hickory delivered. It’s so frustrating having wood delivered not properly seasoned. I hate complaining because it was some pretty hickory; but it hissed and sizzled all night long. I was worried the meat might suffer. View attachment 495765
Fortunately the meat did not suffer at all. As much thick smoke as I saw coming out of the stack all night, I just knew it would be bitter. Those Langs draft like a champ.
View attachment 495763
I ran out of my usual rub, oak ridge black ops. So this go round I used Chupacabra brisket magic. Altons rubs never disappoint, and this was no different.
View attachment 495760
I ran between 235-250 all night. Wrapped when bark was set how I like, then probed for tenderness and temp the rest of the way. All in all the cook took right at 11 hours.
View attachment 495761
I got a little impatient with this guy. Not quite set in the middle but it was still tasty (we kept one for the house).
View attachment 495762
I love brisket. Now for leftovers. The best part!
Well done - looks like you nailed them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky