4/26/24 Weekend BBQ Battle - Hickory Smoked Ribeye Steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2016
Central Missouri
Saw bmudd14474 bmudd14474 post about the "Weekend BBQ battle and checked the deep freeze...found this lone ribeye for the wifey and me to share. Quick delicious meal.

Had big plans at the farm today but we finally got a TON of rain. So, change in planting-plans, and today marks day 1 of my attempt at beekeeping. I set a swarm trap. 2 hives to arrive from a friend next weekend. Terrified and excited at the same time!

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

IMG_1937.jpg

Looks like a fine plate for 2 to share.

I get that about excited and nervous about the bees.
My cousin started doing bees a couple years ago when he retired, now he is into it full time and lkoving it. Makes honey and a few other products from the bees. And is having a great time at it .

So good luck to you with it also.

David

Reactions: uncle eddie
Nice steak Eric, I'll take one just like that. The bee thing is interesting. I have absolutely ZERO experience with bees and bee keeping, but following along to learn...

Looks delicious! If using an insecticide/fungicide on the farm check out a product called Prev-Am it is an insecticide, fungicide and miticide that is not toxic to bees.

Reactions: jcam222
That's one fine looking steak! I have a friend who got into beekeeping a couple years ago. He loves it and people love his honey. I plan on getting a jar of pollen from him this year.

If using an insecticide/fungicide on the farm check out a product called Prev-Am it is an insecticide, fungicide and miticide that is not toxic to bees.
jcam222 jcam222 I practice regenerative agriculture on my 13 planted acres and 7 acres of native prairie plants. My last fertilizer application was last spring at 1/4 of the recommended application rate. No fungicide, insecticide or fertilizer being applied going forward. Will do selective application of herbicide if needed.

Reactions: chopsaw and jcam222
Saw bmudd14474 bmudd14474 post about the "Weekend BBQ battle and checked the deep freeze...found this lone ribeye for the wifey and me to share. Quick delicious meal.

Had big plans at the farm today but we finally got a TON of rain. So, change in planting-plans, and today marks day 1 of my attempt at beekeeping. I set a swarm trap. 2 hives to arrive from a friend next weekend. Terrified and excited at the same time!

View attachment 695468

10 days after setting the swarm trap...I caught a swarm. So cool.

IMG_2045.jpg

I set up two beehives last Saturday and caught a swarm this week on Tuesday/Wednesday. I think honey may be in my BBQ sauce in the future.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky