3rd time smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rescuenut10

Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Reading,Pa
Hi to everybody, With unseasonably warm weather on saturday I did my 3rd attempt at using the smoker. I'm getting my times better,my heat more consistant and just a more feeling of confidence in my ability.I would like to thank everybody for the great write ups on smoking and making this a fun hobby.

Attatched are some photos of the smoke from saturday. I did a 5lb oven stuffer roaster, 6 chicken breasts, and 4lbs of country sausage.

0d4e9681_IMGA0070.jpg

5d689a12_IMGA0075.jpg

Atta Boy!  Fill er up and eat for a week.  Always makes momma happy to have a lot of pre-prepared food on hand.  Just had some smoked beef for dinner that I cooked Sunday.  Everything looks great -- the more you practice, the more confident you'll be.  It only gets better from here.

That what we planned, to have meals for the week, Unfortnutley it tastes so good and always willing to share, that we got our last meals out of it for wed.lunch.

Looks like a heack of a third attemp. 

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Rescue to SMF. Now you have done well my friend you. You have a bunch of food for the week. I'm going to tell you that you will eat it all by the end of the weekend . Bet ya  Now you are going to like it here for there are a lot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are a lot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction    

Looks like your right on track for some smokin!. Take it slowly though, this isn't a thing to rush. It's just like baking breads or gardening, some things are gonna work and some aren't. The thing to remember is to learn from bad experiences as well as good ones. It really helps to take some detailed notes of everything you do right now so you can start to see the trends in the future. Another thing I recommendis stick to the cheaper cuts of meat that are more forgiving for the novice smoker. Pork butts (Boston, Picnic) and beef chuck roast take a long time to render out and this gives you ample time to learn your smoker, fire, temp management, meat temp change, stall, etc..  Although some novices have pulled off a brisket, please don't go out and get that 16 lb packer and try to make it for dinner... Spare ribs are fairly for giving too and take way less time so you can venture there. Do you have a GOOD bbq joint nearby? Check in there and examine thier flavor, tenderness and appearance of thier dishes, then try to replicate it. Before too long you will not be impressed with most bbq joints... Good luck and keep up the smoking and DEFINATELY keep the Q-View coming...

Thanks everybody. I'm still working on different wood combos and spice rubs. The table is acutally a work stand from when I was working on trucks. It folds up and tucks away into a corner.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky